Rubicon Sway Bar Question

CarolinaJK

Al stew posted last night that a guy in California was giving away his rubicon sway bar. I messaged him and he said he'd be willing to ship on my dime. I received a quote for approximately $75 to ship it to SC. However, he did tell me that he has a manual disco on it right now and he's not sure if it's releasing the way it should. Would it be worth the coin? Or should I wait and keep searching?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465466832.503617.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465466832.503617.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 320

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
If your planning on using it with the manual disco I'd grab it. It's probably just full of mud and needs a clean out

Ddays

Hooked
Al stew posted last night that a guy in California was giving away his rubicon sway bar. I messaged him and he said he'd be willing to ship on my dime. I received a quote for approximately $75 to ship it to SC. However, he did tell me that he has a manual disco on it right now and he's not sure if it's releasing the way it should. Would it be worth the coin? Or should I wait and keep searching?

For $75 shit yes! All it probably needs is a little TLC. These aren't that complicated. JAGS has a couple motors he's selling so if you wanted to go back to the electronic disco you could for a really reasonable amount of money. Otherwise a little lube & clean & it should work just fine manually.

Edit; just checked your profile - you don't have a Rubi, do you? If that's the case don't worry about the motor. Clean it out & use manually. I'm jealous man. That's a good deal!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Grab it and when you get it just tear it apart and clean the fucker! Prob just rusted a little inside and nothing a good cleaning will hurt

CarolinaJK

Thanks for the advice guys! I actually have a willys so I was going to buy the no-limits manual disco, this one just happened to have it already! I just didn't want to spend the money if it was a common problem for these things to seize and never work again!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the advice guys! I actually have a willys so I was going to buy the no-limits manual disco, this one just happened to have it already! I just didn't want to spend the money if it was a common problem for these things to seize and never work again!

It seems common. I got a used one out of an 08 that the guy said didn't work. I took it apart and it was rusty as hell. I cleaned the piss out of it for a few hours and got almost all the rust out. Has worked great ever since!

CarolinaJK

It seems common. I got a used one out of an 08 that the guy said didn't work. I took it apart and it was rusty as hell. I cleaned the piss out of it for a few hours and got almost all the rust out. Has worked great ever since!

Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks again man. I guess if all goes well, I'll be the proud new owner next week!

Ddays

Hooked
If you have an onboard compressor, EVO is making an air operated disco now. Pretty cool.
Good luck!

Rocralr

Twin ARB Air Pump

Hi all. I have a 2015 JKU Rubicon. I have the dual air pump from ARB mounted under my hood. I just ordered that new air disconnect switch from ORE. It should be here next Monday. I will know soon how good it works. Take care and stay safe.

CarolinaJK

Just wondering, what did you clean the inside of the swaybar with?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just wondering, what did you clean the inside of the swaybar with?

Brake clean, sandpaper, simple green, really anything I could get my hands on to get the rust off and the old grime gone. When I was done I put new grease on/around the gears and threw it back together

CarolinaJK

I bought one and the inside was tuuuurrrible. Coz can back me up on how bad it was. Cleaned up and works perfectly.

Hell yeah! Gives me hope. The sender sent the package to the wrong zip code so I can't have them leave it at my door from UPS online. I'll be picking it up on my way home Wednesday from the UPS store. Hopefully have it cleaned up and put on this weekend.

Hell yeah! Gives me hope. The sender sent the package to the wrong zip code so I can't have them leave it at my door from UPS online. I'll be picking it up on my way home Wednesday from the UPS store. Hopefully have it cleaned up and put on this weekend.

Check my build thread. Pretty sure i posted up about it in there. Itll clean up

Top Bottom