ProRock 44 Bump stops

benatc1

Hooked
So when I installed my PR44 I ordered the Evo cylinder bump stops that bolt onto the axle side, after some modifications I made them work so that the bolt that came with the axle would work with the bump stop. Anyway i found that I still need a bit more bump stop as I didn't account for the compression of the foam side and my tires rub a bit at full flex. I was looking at older threads and about a year and a half ago the only responses for a bump stop that will work with the Axle side bolt hole were the metalcloak ones, nothing against them Im just wondering what people are using for bump stops with the PR44, maybe i can find something that wont require modifications, currently I do not have the budget for air bumps unfortunately. Thank you!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Go to your local sports shop, buy some hockey pucks.....exact same thing as metal joke will send you :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Lol. I'm doing hockey pucks this weekend. Got 6 used ones on eBay for 8 bucks. My new tires will eat the fenders if I don't.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm using the bump stops that came with my coilovers on my pr44. They fit just fine and is plenty of bump

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Go to your local sports shop, buy some hockey pucks.....exact same thing as metal joke will send you :thumb:

Yeh, I helped a friend install his Metal Cloak lift and yes, they really do come with hockey pucks. Being a Sharks fan, I was intrigued, but that is a different story.

benatc1

Hooked
I'm using the bump stops that came with my coilovers on my pr44. They fit just fine and is plenty of bump

Looks good, I dont currently have the Puck that came with the axle on there as the bolt wasnt long enough for both, I may work on getting a longer bolt and then adding that puck back in. I have the 3" evo bump stop and 3" plush rides but they sit closer to 4". may to to home depot and see if i can find a replacement bolt

benatc1

Hooked
I am looking forward to seeing your setup this Sunday!!! Congratulations on the ProRock 44, same as mine!!

Im looking forward to seeing yours as well! Im sure i can make my current set up work with a fender trim but dont know if I want to do that just yet, plus i may be over compressing the springs.

WJCO

Meme King
Just glued my pucks on last night. Didn't even have to pull the coils. One in the front, two in the back. Took it off road today and did some dips and flexes. Perfect! Tires don't hit the new fenders. Longterm if the glue doesn't hold, I'll have to pull the coil and drill a hole through them and put a longer bolt in.

DSC03730.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

DSC03732.jpg

Top Bottom