RIP Huell Howser

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just heard that Huell Howser, the host of PBS' California's Gold passed away today. Not sure what happend but, even his Wiki page indicates as much:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huell_Howser

I know a lot of folks thought he was quirky but I loved his show and many of his episodes helped inspire us to explore this amazing state. I will miss he and his show dearly.

Rest in Peace Huell

718806_300.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
That's a bummer to hear. CG was a great show and I remember watching while growing up and also seeing him on ET.

Hellfire

Wow...this is sad. He is one of the reasons I started exploring places on the motocycle & now in a jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard for me to imagine it but, there really are so many places that I would never have even thought of exploring and visiting had it not been for this guy and his shows. Here's a shot of our family standing on the northeast corner of California - one of my favorite episodes of Road Trip...

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot from our 2011 Topless Tour where we stayed at the historical Hacienda on Fort Hunter Legit. Yet another destination that I learned from Huell...

main.php

DManuel

We too have been many places simply because we saw it on his show. I watched an episode last night. He will be missed.

Krieger

Here are some photos of a trip that I wouldn't have took if it wasn't for his show first is of Salvation Mountain and the second is of the Desert View Tower.

Attachments

• image-2791379941.jpg
    image-2791379941.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image-522116588.jpg
    image-522116588.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 42
  • image-396226607.jpg
    image-396226607.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image-4178766278.jpg
    image-4178766278.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 42

10frank9

Web Wheeler
It's hard for me to imagine it but, there really are so many places that I would never have even thought of exploring and visiting had it not been for this guy and his shows.

That's too bad. I agree with Eddie. I've visited many places based upon Huell's show and recommendations. I still have a list of places to go based upon his show.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Never saw the show but watched it after hearing about this. Too bad he died so young.:grayno: Now I have videos to watch and places to explore!

Moochie

I know a couple of people who should continue on with Huell's dream of exploring California's many interesting locations. Hint-hint.

Top Bottom