Garvin Expedition Rack

Renagade119

I've been looking at the expedition rack by Garving lately, considering my 2-door TJ will barely fit 4 people with backpacks. Anyone had any experience or able to suggest some better products? I know the Garvin is rated for 300lbs but it doesnt seem like that much to me, I'd just like some feedback

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I've been looking at the expedition rack by Garving lately, considering my 2-door TJ will barely fit 4 people with backpacks. Anyone had any experience or able to suggest some better products? I know the Garvin is rated for 300lbs but it doesnt seem like that much to me, I'd just like some feedback

I've got Garvin racks and I have put well over 600 lbs on it on the trail. It's a great system.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I've got a wild boar roof rack but it's rated the same. 300 lbs While moving but up to 1000 stationary. Not sure what good the stationary weight is worth.

It is a solid rack and no rattles!

Heard a guy with a gobi rack say it rattled like crazy..

gouacats

I had the Garvin Rack on my TJ and liked it a lot. Garvin has great customer service and in my opinion is the rack that fits the lines of the TJ the best.

WMPhoto

GOBI... by and far the best I found... So, I got one this past summer for my JKU...
Thing is a beast... Two kayaks plus gear... had to be more than 400 lbs on the highway... Plus my fat butt up there strapping everything down and taking things off when stopped... No sag, no looseness...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to my job, I've seen a lot of racks in person and even installed a few and of them, I'd have to say that Garvin is one of the best ones out there. Gobi is probably a bit nicer but, a lot more expensive too. KargoMaster would be a good option as well.

Renagade119

Oh gosh darn it. I like the sound of the GOBI rack, I've been doing a little poking around. I like that they have a ladder option for TJ's, Garving doesn't offer that option, I'm kinda bummed out

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh gosh darn it. I like the sound of the GOBI rack, I've been doing a little poking around. I like that they have a ladder option for TJ's, Garving doesn't offer that option, I'm kinda bummed out

I don't even know if Gobi makes a rack for a TJ and really, it's not that big of a deal to not have a ladder on it. I ran a KargoMaster on my old TJ and between standing on the rear bumper, tires or rocker guards, I could do what I needed without too much fuss.

Renagade119

Alright sick, just found out my dad can't get GOBI. But I know for a fact he can get Garvin, guess I know what I'm getting :p

Top Bottom