Hi-lift jack with Rubicon Hard Rock

NotAllWhoWander

I am trying to determine if there is a way to use a hi-lift jack with the hard rock. it doesn't look like the front or rear bumpers have jack points. hi-lift sells a tube adapter, would it be safe to use this on the rock rails? my concern is that they are not mounted to the frame. would appreciate any input.

mds22

I've used the rails before, but my suggestion would be just get a bottle jack or something like that.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I would not use the Hi Lift jack unless you have cut outs in the bumper like what the EVO 1/4 pounder has. Or if you got the wheel adapter/sling deal from Hi Lift. That being said, I would look into a good bottle jack. I carry a Hi Lift on my jeep and have carried it in almost every vehicle since 2001 when my grandfather gave it to me. I've been around them most of my life and have used them a lot. Yet I am always mindful of it and it still worries me. I honestly haven't used it in years in the vehicle world. I did use it to hold up my porch last year when it fell and until I could get it fixed. On the jeep it has almost just become for looks basically. I am looking into a bottle jack and when I do, I may even pull the Hi Lift off the jeep and throw it back into my burban for a while.

I'll never get rid of the Hi Lift though because my grandfather gave it to me. It might someday just become decoration on the wall of my shop when I finally build a shop.

Maximus 3 or somebody similar makes some Shackle mounts you can install on the Hard Rock bumper that have High lift jack points on them

Top Bottom