New suspension Noise trivia

Rubicrush

Ok so just installed the lift recently everything has been perfect. As of lately I noticed a small single clunk when accelerating from a stop. Usually after braking from a straight line of travel to a stop then starting again in a straight line. I may make a pass over all the fasteners again and retorque everything once more and see if that rectifies anything, but I figured I run it by you guys also in case someone had a similar problem before and can guide me directly to the noise. It is.nkt real loud but I can notice it and feel it. Once rolling no more noise. I'm gonna get under there again and search for it. Hope you guys can help. Jeep is 2012 jeep jku 3.5 Rubicon express sport lift.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok so just installed the lift recently everything has been perfect. As of lately I noticed a small single clunk when accelerating from a stop. Usually after braking from a straight line of travel to a stop then starting again in a straight line. I may make a pass over all the fasteners again and retorque everything once more and see if that rectifies anything, but I figured I run it by you guys also in case someone had a similar problem before and can guide me directly to the noise. It is.nkt real loud but I can notice it and feel it. Once rolling no more noise. I'm gonna get under there again and search for it. Hope you guys can help. Jeep is 2012 jeep jku 3.5 Rubicon express sport lift.

How many miles have you put on the jeep since you installed the lift? More than likely it's a torque issue and you should always retorque after about 500 miles of a newly installed lift

scull20

How many miles have you put on the jeep since you installed the lift? More than likely it's a torque issue and you should always retorque after about 500 miles of a newly installed lift

X2 on this.

Also, it sounds silly...but is easy enough to quickly rule out. Make sure you don't have something rolling around under your seats that is making the clunking noise.

I swore I had a suspension issue for two weeks about a year and a half ago due to a random clunking I had as well...that ended up being a frozen seltzer bottle rolling around under the passenger seat.

Yes, I'm an idiot, lol.

benatc1

Hooked
I had something similar after installing my pro rock 44, came on a couple days after, one of my LCA bolts was loose. torqued it down and everything has been good. give it a once over and I'll bet you'll find something that needs to be re torqued

Mr.Green

X2 on this.

Also, it sounds silly...but is easy enough to quickly rule out. Make sure you don't have something rolling around under your seats that is making the clunking noise.

I swore I had a suspension issue for two weeks about a year and a half ago due to a random clunking I had as well...that ended up being a frozen seltzer bottle rolling around under the passenger seat.

Yes, I'm an idiot, lol.

Don't feel bad, I had a 9/16 socket rolling around under my seat for a week before I figured it out. Lol

WJCO

Meme King
I had the exact same symptom but mine also did it when turning really slowly like in parking lots. Adjustable track bar jamb nut was loose. Took me a year to find. I thought it was related to sway bar links or control arm bushings at first and kept checking them.

Rubicrush

Re: suspension noise

Thats awesome thanks for all the responses guys. I'm getting under there tomorrow with my torque wrench and going through it all. But I guess not before checking to see if something might be rolling around under my seat lol. Don't feel bad guys that does sound like something that would happen to me too.

Top Bottom