Softer Ride Quality

tonytony9

Hey guys,

I am looking to soften up my ride quality a little bit as I am the majority driving on the rode. I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with about 125k miles on it. The truck may have the original shocks but I believe the owner before me replaced the shocks with some rubi take offs. I have the 2.5 inch Rough country budget boost and 33s.

Any recommendations to soften up the ride make it drive a little nicer?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hey guys,

I am looking to soften up my ride quality a little bit as I am the majority driving on the rode. I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with about 125k miles on it. The truck may have the original shocks but I believe the owner before me replaced the shocks with some rubi take offs. I have the 2.5 inch Rough country budget boost and 33s.

Ride quality and comfort are subjective. I recommend locating locals with different lifts and going for a ride to determine what rides best for you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

What psi are you running in your tires?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
For me, JKU Rubi, use 30 psi in the stock rubber does wonders. I normally have to be exceeding explicit about not touching the tires, when it happens to visit the dealer. They _love_ 37-39.

tonytony9

What psi are you running in your tires?

Just double checked, 3/4 are running 34 psi and the fourth was at 38. Not sure how or when that happened, however, dropping them all down to 30psi will be the first thing I do. Any other suggestions? I have dropped the psi before and though it does help I am looking for a little bit more "drastic" fix.

Steelerjeepguy

I just swapped out 2" Mopar coils for 2.5" TF and like the new ride. Definitely feels better on road, only taken it to the dunes since so can't comment on off-road. The TF coils definitely were not as tighly wound as the Mopar.

I also run Rancho 9000 and dial them down to 4 for everyday driving.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I just swapped out 2" Mopar coils for 2.5" TF and like the new ride. Definitely feels better on road, only taken it to the dunes since so can't comment on off-road. The TF coils definitely were not as tighly wound as the Mopar.

I also run Rancho 9000 and dial them down to 4 for everyday driving.

I thought the Mopar lift was a rebranded TF kit. Is that no the case anymore? Either way, I had a TF lift and have rode in others since. While the ride quality may be good for some, I certainly wouldn't consider it soft at all.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,

Are you hoping to stay at 2.5" of lift or looking for softer springs to go with your budget boost again?

Top Bottom