New Jeep already in the shop

pinkcamotexan

So just bought my Jeep on Memorial day weekend. Bought it with 23 miles on it, now have 1300. Last night while driving in rush hour traffic, the Jeep started lunging forward then decelerating. At a complete stop it didn't want to get going. Check engine light came on. Took it to the dealership this morning and they hooked it up to the computer. It came back saying that it was in the wrong gear. So, I got a loner vehicle, thankfully so they can check it out.

Not having the best of luck so far....

that happened to me after i got my lift installed. ended up being the speed sensor in the rear driver tire that was failing and throwing off the computer. luckily, it happened as i was driving out of the lot and got it fixed immediately.

pinkcamotexan

that happened to me after i got my lift installed. ended up being the speed sensor in the rear driver tire that was failing and throwing off the computer. luckily, it happened as i was driving out of the lot and got it fixed immediately.

I sure hope it isn't a transmission issue and something "simple" like this!!!

Exodus 4x4

I sure hope it isn't a transmission issue and something "simple" like this!!!

You and this Jeep are not getting off to a great start. I hope you're keeping every piece of documentation from all these problems. You never know when you're going to need it.

pinkcamotexan

You and this Jeep are not getting off to a great start. I hope you're keeping every piece of documentation from all these problems. You never know when you're going to need it.

Yea definitely not off to a good start, but I haven't given up on her yet!!!! And YES to keeping all the documentation!!!

Kyle7R

I was thinking the exact same thing, and I sure hope all of it is above board and it wasn't one that was affected by all the flooding we had.

Yea definitely not off to a good start, but I haven't given up on her yet!!!! And YES to keeping all the documentation!!!

I sure hope this is the last major issue you run into!

pinkcamotexan

Still haven't heard from the dealership but that's ok.

On a happier note, just received my pink WAL windshield sticker. Just need my Jeep back so I can slap it on!!!!

Last edited:

BamBamDeer

They will get you fixed up and you will have your Jeep along with your decal installed in no time.....fingers crossed

pinkcamotexan

They will get you fixed up and you will have your Jeep along with your decal installed in no time.....fingers crossed

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm hoping this will be the last thing for a bit. Even though the 2016 Dodge Ram truck they gave me to drive is nice, I miss my Jeep!!

pinkcamotexan

Update: The Jeep is in line to get looked at by the transmission guy to get diagnosed. They told me that there is a 3 and a half week backlog for the transmission guy. I was shocked to say the least! My guy said he already went and talked to the manager and explained the situation that this is a brand new Jeep and I need my Jeep ASAP. So they will be looking at it tomorrow morning. Although I feel bad for the other folks that I'm jumping, I am relieved that I won't have to wait 3 weeks!! Sorry flood victims, really I am!!! Until then I will be driving the Dodge Ram truck. The guy mentioned that if it looks like they will need my Jeep for more than a couple days, I will be put into another vehicle. They don't want the kind of miles I drive on their brand new truck! Lol

BamBamDeer

Happy Birthday! Sorry for your problems with your Jeep but I bet you can have a Great Birthday regardless.

Best Wishes!

Coop

Caught the Bug
Happy Birthday x2!! Sorry about your jeep! I'm sure this will be fixed soon. Bummer spending your birthday without your jeep!

pinkcamotexan

Happy Birthday! Sorry for your problems with your Jeep but I bet you can have a Great Birthday regardless.

Best Wishes!

Happy Birthday x2!! Sorry about your jeep! I'm sure this will be fixed soon. Bummer spending your birthday without your jeep!

Thank you both!!! Despite not having my Jeep, it was a great day!!!! Can't wait to get it back and put my pink WAL sticker on. I was so excited to get it in the mail today!!

Last edited:

woof359

loaner

tell them you want a Wrangler loaner, its amazing how much faster they get stuff done if your putting miles on there car

woof359

Wol

Thank you both!!! Despite not having my Jeep, it was a great day!!!! Can't wait to get it back and put my pink WOL sticker on. I was so excited to get it in the mail today!!
you been watching the videos havnt you :shock: same here, mines on the drivers side

Top Bottom