Metalcloak 6-Pack Shocks (Leaking)

Rockrunner8

Wondering if anybody is having problems with their 6-pack shocks leaking oil?

Install was almost exactly 2 years ago. Both of my back shocks are leaking.

I took pics and sent them to MC and they confirmed both are leaking.

I only drive the jeep on weekends and have wheeled it 4 times on this suspension/shock set up.

I expected a little more from MC for the price of their product.

What's your experience... good or bad?

Looking forward to the discussion.

swampdog

The discussion will be short. Most here don't like the MC 6-Pack shocks and see them as a gimmick rather than a proven design. Customer service seems to be pretty weak from what I've seen as well. Good luck with a fix.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just about everyone I know who's had these shocks and are honest about it will tell you that they leak.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

I only drive the jeep on weekends and have wheeled it 4 times on this suspension/shock set up.

So are the shocks under warranty or something? Will the people at Metal Cloak replace the shocks at all?

Or did you just send them a photo and they confirmed that the shocks are leaking. I mean, I am a total newb and even I can tell when a shock is leaking and would not need to get confirmation from the manufacturer.

Rockrunner8

So are the shocks under warranty or something? Will the people at Metal Cloak replace the shocks at all?

Or did you just send them a photo and they confirmed that the shocks are leaking. I mean, I am a total newb and even I can tell when a shock is leaking and would not need to get confirmation from the manufacturer.

They warranty the shocks for one year. I've had them 2 years.

Metalcloak said the starting cost to rebuild them would be $75.00 ea. + shipping.

I spoke to a guy names Eric from Metalcloak this morning. I politely expressed my dissatisfaction with the quality of the product after only 2 years of moderate use. "Moderate" being an overstatement in my opinion.

He said he appreciated my feedback. That was it......

I have no issue with their performance.

Quality and customer service (in comparison to the cost of the product) are my issues, but I wanted to put my experience before a body of knowledge to verify.

Wethy

I'm not familiar with the 6-pack shocks but at 75$ a piece to rebuild you could get rancho 7000s for that probably and 9000s for a bit more. Id say if a lot of people are having issues with them, id say replace them with something that has a better reputation or atleast a better warranty . Still it does suck that your having issues and customer service isn't helping you any

utiadam

LOSER
Honestly i don't think they will do much for you. Even King and Evo I'm sure won't warranty rebuilds of their shocks after 2 years even if they were only used lightly. I really don't think $75 a piece to rebuild is that bad considering the kings are around $125 or so each. You could get them rebuilt and sell them for a decent amount or sell them as is and take large loss, that is if you're willing to switch to another shock such as the king 2.5.

mastrcruse

As Eddie experienced, I wheel with several people that have the six packs. They seem to give the person great "stretch" but with that comes the constant leaking. I know of one guy that had to replace all 4 three times within a year. I've heard so many negative things about the leaking that I'd run far away from them.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Wow only 4 times!? Seems like a real quality shock :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As Eddie experienced, I wheel with several people that have the six packs. They seem to give the person great "stretch" but with that comes the constant leaking. I know of one guy that had to replace all 4 three times within a year. I've heard so many negative things about the leaking that I'd run far away from them.

Wow, all 4 three times within one year?! In spite of what some would suggest, you just can't make this stuff up.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow, all 4 three times within one year?! In spite of what some would suggest, you just can't make this stuff up.

Seriously, they make it sound like the next best thing since sliced bread but it can't last for even 4 trips!? Man metaljokes marketing is getting better and better

swampdog

Seriously, they make it sound like the next best thing since sliced bread but it can't last for even 4 trips!? Man metaljokes marketing is getting better and better

Dude, if you watch the videos on their webpage for those shocks, it looks like a middle school film project. Seriously, check them out, they are a joke. I can't even give credit to their marketing. I think people just get a hard on for them bc they are expensive and shaped different.

Rockrunner8

Much appreciated. That's the feedback I was looking for. I was wondering if it was just me or if others were having a similar experience.

Rockrunner8

Update......

Matson from Metalcloak reached out and we discussed my circumstances and he reviewed the pictures of the two leaking shocks.

He is sending me two new shocks in the mail.

I am a satisfied customer from both the product performance and customer service perspectives.

Thanks for all the feedback gents.

Top Bottom