Evo fascia...

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Hey guys wanting to purchase an Evo fascia but was wondering with a 35" tire will I ever run into a problem of me damaging my rear corners with such a short bumper? I have a stubby body width right now that I'm wanting to sell, love the Evo fascia and I know it's an awesome product just wondering if anyone has ever run into this problem. And of course off-road you can damage anything but I'm not going to have corner skins or corner armor on. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466035466.561346.jpg thanks!

A.J.

Hey guys wanting to purchase an Evo fascia but was wondering with a 35" tire will I ever run into a problem of me damaging my rear corners with such a short bumper? I have a stubby body width right now that I'm wanting to sell, love the Evo fascia and I know it's an awesome product just wondering if anyone has ever run into this problem. And of course off-road you can damage anything but I'm not going to have corner skins or corner armor on. View attachment 208384 thanks!

I am in the same boat. I worry about hitting the corners too. I have the fascia and plan to add the skins later. The departure angle is so great that I would think I would have to practically back into a tree or slide off a really sharp wall to hit it. Seems unlikely but as you said anything is possible. If I do manage to damage it then it will be a great excuse to buy the corners sooner to cover it up [emoji3]

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had Offroad Evolution do this to my corners for some added corner protection. I believe it's 1.5" DOM tubing welded on there.

Attachments

• image-2443227520.jpg
    image-2443227520.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 481

A.J.

I had Offroad Evolution do this to my corners for some added corner protection. I believe it's 1.5" DOM tubing welded on there.

I saw this before thanks for posting it again. Looks like a good idea. I was looking for it s couple days ago. I like it!

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Yeah was thinking of doing that as well. I have to pick up some tubbing for my carrier so I'll probably fab that up too. Will see what happens thanks!

Last edited:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Alright yeah I don't think it will be that much of a problem and yeah if I hit it it gives me a reason to get corners [emoji23] haha

swampdog

I the new Moab video, the obstacle that is an off camber downhill, it looks like multiple rigs would have crushed a corner without a bumper. I could be wrong, but I specifically remember thinking that as I watched it as I am considering the fascia route as well

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I the new Moab video, the obstacle that is an off camber downhill, it looks like multiple rigs would have crushed a corner without a bumper. I could be wrong, but I specifically remember thinking that as I watched it as I am considering the fascia route as well

I honestly never thought I was going to hit my corners when I was just there with Eddie. The only times I have ever worried about my corners is back east here on the tight wooded trails. Hell I have Even hit my corners cause I slid off a rock onto a tree.

swampdog

I honestly never thought I was going to hit my corners when I was just there with Eddie. The only times I have ever worried about my corners is back east here on the tight wooded trails. Hell I have Even hit my corners cause I slid off a rock onto a tree.

It was at 12:44 in the video on tilt o whirl. I think anyone on 35s w/o a bumper could have taken a hit, but I could be wrong.

I dented mine up in a super deep berm at Windrock that pitches to the side when in the berm, but now I have an excuse for the EVO corner guards

Clifford33

Caught the Bug

That's actually the reason why I am asking haha I might keep the rear bumper tell I get skins idk what I'm gunna do to be honest. I'm wanting to build my jeep in stages. Right now I'm on the back of the jeep.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I'm most likely going to remove my bumper, don't think stock plastic bumper will protect corner much. I may be wrong.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I'm most likely going to remove my bumper, don't think stock plastic bumper will protect corner much. I may be wrong.

It will save you a bit, but if you come down at such great an angle with that much force to get the corner I would imagine the plastic bumper will just crumble...
I'm actually taking my bumper off tonight and putting my spare in the back until I get a tire carrier

Clifford33

Caught the Bug

I already have an after market rear bumper but just really like the look of the Evo and the better angles so I don't get caught up.

rich67

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474500922.335191.jpg
Anyone have any advice on what they have done to the painted area below the tailgate that is now exposed with the fascia? I have seen some people just hit it with some flat black paint. Just seems like there is too much Commando Green going on down there.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
View attachment 223728
Anyone have any advice on what they have done to the painted area below the tailgate that is now exposed with the fascia? I have seen some people just hit it with some flat black paint. Just seems like there is too much Commando Green going on down there.

I painted my lower with bedliner on my last jeep, I feel it really makes the rear end look finished with the fascia or no bumper at all.

Top Bottom