Auto door locks

Tkelly5

So... I have a question about the door locks of all things. Mine are set to lock when I put the Jeep in gear, but they seem to lock when ever they want. Like right away, two miles down the road an so on. Is it my jeep or are they all like that? It's a 15 JKUR with a manual transmission.

swampdog

I believe mine usually lock the first time I hit a certain speed, I want to say 15 or 20 mph. Could be wrong though b

Tkelly5

That's what I thought it would be as well. But it seems to lock at different times, sometimes I'm a mile away, and sometimes not at all. It's petty, but just one of those things I am curious about.

jeeeep

Hooked
my 2010 has done it at random times since day 1

the 2015 seems to do it when I reach abut 25mph

JeepJeep75

I have a 15 JKUR manual too. I'm very conscious of how my jeep works and all of its various systems. The door locks though, well, they lock whenever the hell they want to, no rhyme or reason. As far as I can tell, mine lock under the following circumstances. My first time after start up and accelerating up to any speed, no lock. Second time accelerating from stop, they lock anywhere from 10 to 40mph. It's different every time I drive it. Even taking the same path, driving in the exact same manner. Makes no sense to me.

SilverBack

Maybe there is a faulty line of code in the Manual Jeeps. I have a '15 Automatic and they lock at exactly the same speed every single time. Try to set a different speed than the default in your settings. Maybe this will help. If that is possible.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I've found that I sometimes push the switch on the door with my knee without really noticing. Its fairly sensitive

Tkelly5

I have a 15 JKUR manual too. I'm very conscious of how my jeep works and all of its various systems. The door locks though, well, they lock whenever the hell they want to, no rhyme or reason. As far as I can tell, mine lock under the following circumstances. My first time after start up and accelerating up to any speed, no lock. Second time accelerating from stop, they lock anywhere from 10 to 40mph. It's different every time I drive it. Even taking the same path, driving in the exact same manner. Makes no sense to me.

All of this^^^^^^ I know when they lock because my four year old is nice enough to remind me when they do lock. I also noticed that I can't always scroll through the menu on the dash. Sometimes it takes several tries to get the screen to change. I am aware that I can not change all settings when the vehicle is in motion.

Dever

My 2010 seems to lock at 14 mph but only if I have my foot on the gas when I hit that speed. If I coast down a hill without hitting the "go" pedal, I can do 50 and they won't lock.

Byte

Yeah they seem sort of out of whack on my 2015 manual too. Seems to be anywhere from 18-25mph though. Almost seems to be a more of an acceleration trigger than raw vehicle speed.

JeepJeep75

Yeah they seem sort of out of whack on my 2015 manual too. Seems to be anywhere from 18-25mph though. Almost seems to be a more of an acceleration trigger than raw vehicle speed.

Yes, I have noticed that when mine finally do lock, it's always during acceleration.

SoCalDozer

I believe mine stay pretty consistent at about 15-20. Not having your seat belt buckled might have an effect on when it locks too for those who dont buckle up until it dings at you.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

2015, manual, I have the same suspicion; seems to be acceleration based. Ive been WELL on my way down the road before the auto lock come one... usually above 35mph also... but lean on the gas a little heavy, and they lock right away

Top Bottom