Security for your topless jku

Dalton gang

Well im wondering what all you guys recomend for security as far as when the top and possibly doors as well. I have the box under the front seats but cant find mutch more out there. Any help would be great

TennJK

I normally just don't keep anything valuable in my jeep and if I do then it's locked in the console or glove box. But the cargo decks work great and the under seat options are also great. I am probably going to be doing a lock box under the driver seat eventually

Dalton gang

I normally just don't keep anything valuable in my jeep and if I do then it's locked in the console or glove box. But the cargo decks work great and the under seat options are also great. I am probably going to be doing a lock box under the driver seat eventually

I love the lock box for gun wallet ecx but small for taking the fam (all fricken girls )out on the trails. They pack like were never coming back :ugh

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Are any of the bolt on decks anygood for security?

It was suggested to me when I got to the island to get a Tuffy locking cubby cover, locking center console insert and and a Tuffy glove box cover. I like to roll with the doors and top off a lot and from what I understand, if they can get into it easy here, they will steal it. From what I have researched they are very secure and pry proof.

Curious, does anyone know how the other brands stack up? I believe Bestop makes the same stuff?

chipper

I use the Aries security deck. Comes in real handy. I like how it folds up outta the way if needed to open up the back. But with the softtop folded down, it's a bit of a pain to open the lid.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I have the Tuffy security deck and the under seat drawer. That's about as safe as u can get topless/doorless.

Rb1boxer_3

I know this might sound dumb but has anyone gotten an aftermarket car alarm would that help any with always having the doors and top off. I plan on getting the under seat center console and glove box lock boxes maybe also the rear storage one.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Tuffy Security deck here as well - butts up to the tailgate and is effectively locked when the tailgate is closed and locked.

Jegar

Because I live right next to the border and have a soft top, I worry about my Jeep even with the doors on and top up. Also, seeing on this thread and other Jeep club's social media about stolen Jeeps, nice cars, etc. from hotel parking lots, I worried even more. I installed a Viper security system with a pager. I put in the motion detector sensors and tilt sensors, in addition to the regular sensors. (The system is crazy expensive, though! Especially if you have someone install.)

When traveling, I request an outside room with a view of the parking lot, and preferably ground floor, explaining I have a Jeep with a soft top. Most are really good about it, and I often have my Jeep right in front of my window. The alarm has a silent mode, so that the whole hotel is not being woken up every time the alarm goes off, but the pager works the same. I sleep with the remote and my gun under the pillow. If my pager goes off, I look out the window to see if anyone is near my Jeep. If it's windy or if birds take a dive to land on your top, though, it can be a PITA.

Rb1boxer_3

Because I live right next to the border and have a soft top, I worry about my Jeep even with the doors on and top up. Also, seeing on this thread and other Jeep club's social media about stolen Jeeps, nice cars, etc. from hotel parking lots, I worried even more. I installed a Viper security system with a pager. I put in the motion detector sensors and tilt sensors, in addition to the regular sensors. (The system is crazy expensive, though! Especially if you have someone install.)

When traveling, I request an outside room with a view of the parking lot, and preferably ground floor, explaining I have a Jeep with a soft top. Most are really good about it, and I often have my Jeep right in front of my window. The alarm has a silent mode, so that the whole hotel is not being woken up every time the alarm goes off, but the pager works the same. I sleep with the remote and my gun under the pillow. If my pager goes off, I look out the window to see if anyone is near my Jeep. If it's windy or if birds take a dive to land on your top, though, it can be a PITA.

That's what I need.

trailraider

I have the tuffy deck as well, but was a little upset with myself not doing much research. I cant mount my arb fridge on it the way I wanted.

live and learn. I just have to rethink my thinking.

scull20

This is the newer Tuffy security deck. It's been working well for about two weeks. No rattles that I can hear. There is some loss of cargo room...but it is indeed secure. I also have the bestop drawer under my drivers seat.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466201271.737797.jpg

While I'm sure someone with enough determination and time could get into both...they certainly keep things secure enough for me.

Dalton gang

This is the newer Tuffy security deck. It's been working well for about two weeks. No rattles that I can hear. There is some loss of cargo room...but it is indeed secure. I also have the bestop drawer under my drivers seat.

View attachment 208748

While I'm sure someone with enough determination and time could get into both...they certainly keep things secure enough for me.

Nice im a get one this summer.

whispike

I have the tuffy deck as well, but was a little upset with myself not doing much research. I cant mount my arb fridge on it the way I wanted.

live and learn. I just have to rethink my thinking.

How did you plan on mounting it? Will it fit under the deck?

Top Bottom