Color Choice...Sigh...

Samlautranger

Well, have all the details confirmed and numbers right with a local dealer. Just need to make a final color choice, within the next day or two to finalize. Harder than I thought. Going with a 4 door JKU. Sport. Premium Soft top. 3.73 gears. Going to add, more than likely, OME lift kit and 33" tires.

Now, the hard part. I cannot decide on what color. Pretty much is one of three. White, Granite, or Silver.

Was kind of sold on silver, but last two vehicles have had, have been silver. And on close inspection, see many light blue flakes in the metallic sparkle? Not a fan of the color blue at all.

So kind of now thinking between White and Granite. Like them both. I wish Jeep still had the older Stone White, compared to the Bright White, but it is what it is.

The White looks nice with all the black contrasts (fenders, tires, top, bumpers).

I like the Granite also, and think would look good with gunmetal wheels.

The Granite looks pretty dark at times, wonder how much will show the dirt/dust.

Anyway, I know it is subjective, but appreciate your opinions, advice, and any pics if ya got them. Cheers.

Jackal01

I would say Granite. I am not sure how you feel about yellow accents but I have seen a few with yellow parts and it looks badass. Black and granite is very nice as well. Second choice is white.

xxJWPxx

I loved my 2014 Granite Crystal and got compliments on it all the time. Also its a color that they don't have every year, which is nice if you want something different. With that being said, white and silver are awesome jeep colors and if you plan on wheeling they'll be more forgiving with the trail pinstripes. My vote would be for granite.

TennJK

If you're worried about the trail pinstripes then I would go lighter. But the granite is a great color. One that I wish I had to be honest. The granite definitely stands out more. If it was me I would do granite. Also you'll get away from the soccer mom look with the grey and white[emoji12]

Samlautranger

I would say Granite. I am not sure how you feel about yellow accents but I have seen a few with yellow parts and it looks badass. Black and granite is very nice as well. Second choice is white.

The OME shocks should look pretty good with it then. :thumb:

GraniteCrystal

There's a whole thread on here devoted to each color if that helps. I have Granite and love it. Lots of pics in my build thread if that helps too.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Best bet is to head back to a dealership and walk through all the jeeps looking at colors. I thought I was set on tank, until I saw several in person. The gloss just didn't do it for me, if it was matte, maybe. Then I saw billet silver and was sold. Parked next to my dad's 2012 silver, it looks more like a medium grey. His is almost white/silver. The granite is cool too. Silver hides dirt better.

8POUND

I went with Granite Crystal. It can have the appearance of different colors, depending on the sunlight.

Samlautranger

Best bet is to head back to a dealership and walk through all the jeeps looking at colors. I thought I was set on tank, until I saw several in person. The gloss just didn't do it for me, if it was matte, maybe. Then I saw billet silver and was sold. Parked next to my dad's 2012 silver, it looks more like a medium grey. His is almost white/silver. The granite is cool too. Silver hides dirt better.

Do you find the Billet Silver to have a blue tint to it? From examining the metallic flakes, looks like a lot of blue sparkles. Or do you not notice it? (yeah, I know I am sounding a bit OCD...;) )

JeepJeep75

I agree with Sharkey. Don't get the OEM lift kit. Use that money to get a better lift. Don't let your salesman try to tell you they can install ANY lift you want either.

benatc1

Hooked
I would say Granite Crystal, I wanted a black jk, fell in love with the granite when I saw it but ended up with a red one as I found the right jeep for me for the right price(slightly used) but I'll tell ya I still envy that granite paint job

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Out of those 3 colors, I like Granite the most, although a white rig can be made to look good. Sharkey is right, you can run 33's without an expensive lift kit. If you want it to look a little taller, try an inexpensive spacer leveling kit.

Mine on 33's and a spacer kit...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466255623.435451.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466255712.149874.jpg

Samlautranger

I agree with Sharkey. Don't get the OEM lift kit. Use that money to get a better lift. Don't let your salesman try to tell you they can install ANY lift you want either.

I have had OME 2.5" lift kits on two of my vehicles before and been very happy with the quality, ride, etc. of them. So granted their maybe other lifts better out there, but I figure best to go with what I know is proven and works.

Was really shocked though with two of the dealers trying to sell me on the MOPAR 2.5" lift kits. $2500 installed. Yeah right. That is around $1500 for the kit and $1,000 in labor - seriously? One of the dealer only said he does it as a package. Mopar 2.5" lift kit, AEV wheels and 35" tires. $6995. Sigh..... Oh, he does a lot of them on the lot, still with 3.21 gears and sells them to those who buy just based on the looks.

At least from what I am seeing, 33" tires and the 3.73 gears is a pretty good set up. I am considering the 255/80r17 tires for this build, compared to the usual 285s I usually do.

Samlautranger

Out of those 3 colors, I like Granite the most, although a white rig can be made to look good. Sharkey is right, you can run 33's without an expensive lift kit. If you want it to look a little taller, try an inexpensive spacer leveling kit.

Mine on 33's and a spacer kit...

View attachment 208808
View attachment 208809

That is an option I have considered. Instead of around $900 for the OME 2.5" lift kits, just get a 2" spacer kit. But, I do have to admit, the ride quality of the OME shocks and coils, and handling, from my past rigs, was so much above the stock. And what I like about the OME coils, is they do not seem to sag over time like some other kits I see. One of my pet peeves, see it all the time, is where the rear of the Jeep sits lower than the front.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It all depends on your budget. If you've got the $$, go for it. I've considered the same thing, because the stock ride isn't that great.

Top Bottom