No Door Mirrors - Looking for Recommendations

dotnetrob

Looking for recommendations for mirrors when I have my doors off. Only real requirement is I am looking for is that will stay in place at highways speeds 65-75, seems to be alot of them people complain they fold when driving past 45.

mstraw9379

I made one for my driver side. Works great and stays put when I drive on the freeway.

Attachments

• 1466178865809.jpg
    1466178865809.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 288

Speeddmn

I used a stick on for the drivers side vent. I want to get actual mirrors that either bolt to the windshield or one that drops into the top door hinge.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I relocated my mirrors with the rugged ridge brackets. The only downside to them is that when the doors are on your passenger side mirror doesn't really exist
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466179446.902659.jpg .

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I bought the rugged ridge quick disconnect ones. So far I'm unsure on them but I have also only ran with them twice. So I probably need more time with them. I also didn't get up to 65 or 70 with them yet so I can't answer that question. For how fast I have went with them they have stayed in place.

scull20

I have the brackets from dietech off road and bestop replacement mirrors mounted to them.

This is by no means the cheapest option, but I liked the way it looked and the mirrors don't move a bit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466181014.038794.jpg

Jegar

I thought about the brackets, either with the cheapie add-on mirrors or the stock mirrors, but I thought it would be too much of a PITA to go back and forth with doors on and off. So I got tube doors and added the extra set of the cheapie ones -(I believe they are Rugged Ridge/Quadratec), so I always have mirrors on, ready to go. When the weather is holding out for a good period of time, I run doorless with the tube doors for daily driving. For wheeling, I could quickly and easily remove the tube doors, but most of the wheeling location are 350+ miles from me, so I put doors back on for the drive or trailer transport, and then go doorless once I'm there.

Adjusting the passenger mirror to be quasi useful on the Quadratecs is a challenge, but doable. I drive 70-85mph on the highway, and have had no issues with the tube doors or mirrors with this set up.

Last edited:

Petthefish

I just use two dome stick on mirrors on the AC Vents is it as nice as a full mirror no but it does work and for 99 cents at Walmart it can't be beat

303jkpatriot

I picked up the Smittybilt trail mirrors for around ~$60 and they aren't too bad for the price. I tried doing the mirror on the A/C vent first but since my Ace Tire Carrier blocks my rear view mirror I needed something more to see behind me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I thought about the brackets, either with the cheapie add-on mirrors or the stock mirrors, but I thought it would be too much of a PITA to go back and forth with doors on and off. So I got tube doors and added the extra set of the cheapie ones -(I believe they are Rugged Ridge/Quadratec), so I always have mirrors on, ready to go. When the weather is holding out for a good period of time, I run doorless with the tube doors for daily driving. For wheeling, I could quickly and easily remove the tube doors, but most of the wheeling location are 350+ miles from me, so I put doors back on for the drive or trailer transport, and then go doorless once I'm there.

Adjusting the passenger mirror to be quasi useful on the Quadratecs is a challenge, but doable. I drive 70-85mph on the highway, and have had no issues with the tube doors or mirrors with this set up.

(....excuse my husband being silly[emoji13])

That's your husband or your wife? :thinking:

Last edited:

LasVegasJK

Rugged Ridge quick disconnect units. They are ok. They stay in place, but you have to really tighten them down. And they whistle. But, they are a good size and offer good visibility.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking for recommendations for mirrors when I have my doors off. Only real requirement is I am looking for is that will stay in place at highways speeds 65-75, seems to be alot of them people complain they fold when driving past 45.

Same as Cozdude here. It's secure and doesn't flap around at all, but only a tiny sliver of the passenger mirror is visible. It's pretty much useless.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466201306.747873.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466201357.404587.jpg

With the rugged ridge kit came a fill in piece for the mirror on the door, so the mirrors stay on the RR brackets. No swapping back and forth at all.

Last edited:

tucked

I went with Rugged Ridge Quick Release mirrors. They hold their position VERY well and swing out of the way for when the doors are on. I have a pair of Quadratec mirrors on my YJ that appear similiar but do not hold their position.

Dubaibentzen

I just use two dome stick on mirrors on the AC Vents is it as nice as a full mirror no but it does work and for 99 cents at Walmart it can't be beat

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466234387.353758.jpg
I've previously done the same. They are bit tiny, but it works. And you don't need the vents with the doors off anyway. Super cheap mod.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have the Quadra safari mirrors. I wish the poles were 6 inches longer so they were higher up but no highway issues except vibration. Its not that bad though. They're just to avoid a ticket.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I have removed my photos, and,I would appreciate if you would them from your response, immediately. I do not need any sheep to be jumping on your bandwagon, at the expense of my husband. Thank you.

I edited my post because you keep crying and bitching about it. Next time think about what you post, it's the Internet. Or stop being such a pussy.

JKRicky

I edited my post because you keep crying and bitching about it. Next time think about what you post, it's the Internet. Or stop being such a pussy.

I actually thought it was an innocent and hilarious comment....I guess I need to be more sensitive [emoji6]

Top Bottom