Using fog light switches for LEDs at a pillar

deezus

My situation is that my Jeep budget is over, just bought a Warn 10s, and I would like to use the fog light switches on my Rubicon which are abandoned now for 2 dual leds at the a pillar. Lights are 18 watts each which would be 36 watts per side. As I understand it, the fog light lamps are 40 watts each so I should be good right? Thanks.

WJCO

Meme King
My situation is that my Jeep budget is over, just bought a Warn 10s, and I would like to use the fog light switches on my Rubicon which are abandoned now for 2 dual leds at the a pillar. Lights are 18 watts each which would be 36 watts per side. As I understand it, the fog light lamps are 40 watts each so I should be good right? Thanks.

You should be fine. Chances are the OEM circuit has a fuse, so if there was an issue, it will blow before any damage is done. Just make sure and use the same diameter wire (or bigger) when you extend your wiring. You should be fine. LED pillars don't draw much amperage.

deezus

You should be fine. Chances are the OEM circuit has a fuse, so if there was an issue, it will blow before any damage is done. Just make sure and use the same diameter wire (or bigger) when you extend your wiring. You should be fine. LED pillars don't draw much amperage.

Hey thanks man!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You could also use a relay... and use the fog light switch & wiring to activate the relay.

^^This. The canbus is temperamental, even with low draw led's. Keep in mind you won't be able to use your lights with the high beams on.

TennJK

^True. Forgot about this. I was originally planning on using my fog light circuit but neglected to for this exact reason.

Unless you have a flashpaq I believe. Mine has a setting where you can run fogs and hi-beams at the same time. I would imagine that it could work

Top Bottom