Can i keep my soft top and install a hard top over it??

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Yeah just like what swampdog said only spiderweb shades because the full shad has the holes for the hardtop pins screws to go back in also I think there might become Bikini tops out there that might also have the holes for it too.

swampdog

The Bartact shade does too, but it's a fucking PITA to get the freedom top latches on. For me, it's either shade or top, not both.

wolfy

Its my first time i watched some youtube videos and it says its only 4 screws to take off and thats it!
Is it??

Labricon

Caught the Bug
yes. just 4 screws...owners manual gives detailed instructions for removal....1st time will be a little slow but it gets better with practice and an assistant (just to keep from smacking your paint) until you get the hang of it

wolfy

yes. just 4 screws...owners manual gives detailed instructions for removal....1st time will be a little slow but it gets better with practice and an assistant (just to keep from smacking your paint) until you get the hang of it

Thanks alot evwryone!

scull20

Its my first time i watched some youtube videos and it says its only 4 screws to take off and thats it!
Is it??

It's four screws to bolt the soft top brackets to the roll bar. There are also hand tightened bolts to hold the front and rear door headers on each side that need to come off too! Both the bolts and the headers need to be removed.

wolfy

It's four screws to bolt the soft top brackets to the roll bar. There are also hand tightened bolts to hold the front and rear door headers on each side that need to come off too! Both the bolts and the headers need to be removed.
The big ones?

Top Bottom