Ouray Colorado over 4th of July

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
The wife and I along with a few friends are going to do our annual Ouray trip from June 29 through July 5th. We will be doing Imogene Pass, Governors Basin, Poughkeepsie Gulch and probably taking a ride out to Animas Forks via Engineers Pass. If anyone wants to meet up for a trail or two let me know.

Heads up... Poughkeepsie is closed until Saturday July 2. Since I'm working here in Montrose, I joined the local 4 wheel drive club and they are in charge of the opening of the gate on Poughkeepsie and I'm planning to be part of that run to open the gate and maintenance the trail that day. So hit that one on the 3rd or 4th. That list from JeepJeep75 is a good list, Governors and Imogene were still closed this past weekend.

Sithwindu

Me and some friends were making this exact trip from south Texas!! But I had to back out last min :/. Have fun! And thanks for the heads up on poughgipsie!!!!!!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Heads up... Poughkeepsie is closed until Saturday July 2. Since I'm working here in Montrose, I joined the local 4 wheel drive club and they are in charge of the opening of the gate on Poughkeepsie and I'm planning to be part of that run to open the gate and maintenance the trail that day. So hit that one on the 3rd or 4th. That list from JeepJeep75 is a good list, Governors and Imogene were still closed this past weekend.

Awesome, thanks for heads up! I know the trail openings are a little dicey in early July. I wasn't sure if Poughkeepsie would be open. We usually have pretty good luck. One week to go. I can't wait. I'm hoping Imogene gets cleared in time.

Awesome, thanks for heads up! I know the trail openings are a little dicey in early July. I wasn't sure if Poughkeepsie would be open. We usually have pretty good luck. One week to go. I can't wait. I'm hoping Imogene gets cleared in time.

UP DATE.... Poughkeepsie is still closed and will be for a while. Our club trip yesterday to open the gate was canceled by the Ouray ranger district who said they did not want it opened because of the large amount of snow up there, and they don't want it opened until later this month.
Hope your having a good time otherwise !!!

Top Bottom