Bumpers bumpers bumpers!

Speeddmn

I've searched till my fingers have bleed. Well not really, but seriously!

So when I deployed a few years back my wife was a kind soul and bought us "upgrades" to our jeep. She went max benefit per dollar, that was 3 years and some change ago. Off she went to the wonderful world of Ebay and cheap. Needless to say both bumpers are starting to show their made in Where_ever_a_crap_a_stan... So I want to get something new, made in America, by US citizens with their own hands! Or machines, either way...

I know everyone has their flavor, that is what is great, we all love/hate a lot of the same stuff. Here is what I want from a bumper:

Stubby to short midwidth (think: if it sticks out more then 1/4 way across the front tires, it's to wide)
Accepts a Warn Zeon (with out cutting and fixing it myself)
Accepts factory fogs (this isn't the biggest issue since I can splice in some and mount somewhere)
Minimal cutting of frame
Prefer one that allows mounting the winch between the frame, VS on top of the bumper would be a giant bonus.
Trail size stinger (one that isn't 3 foot tall or stick in front 3 feet either)

I really like the 1/4 Pounder, the lack of fog's hurts it for me. Also cant remember if we discussed the Zeon mounting for this one.
I also really like the Shrockworks ones, but the lack of a actual stinger sucks, same for fogs.
Crawler Conceptz and Poison Spyder are so similar in both cost and style, I only think one is more Jeep and other more Flat-billed, wish my jeep has stacks type....
LOD is also a good strong contender.

I've ruled out Hanson, JCR, Shitbuilt, ARB, Expedition one, Fab Fours, Metal Cloak, and Pure Jeep. If you can suggest something that might be worth looking at please let me know, and if you have a decent picture that would be great.

So here are a few pictures for viewing pleasure

Attachments

• PS Brawler.jpg
    PS Brawler.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 468
  • CC Ultra.jpg
    CC Ultra.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 464
  • CC Skinny.jpg
    CC Skinny.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 464
  • LOD signature series.jpg
    LOD signature series.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 468

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Shrockworks is another in case you missed them. No fog holes but have mounting points for lights that you can by in a bundle with the bumper. The big down side is that the wait time is 6+ months.

Edit: Nevermind, re-read your post and saw that you mentioned them.

Last edited:

Speeddmn

Shrockworks is another in case you missed them. No fog holes but have mounting points for lights that you can by in a bundle with the bumper. The big down side is that the wait time is 6+ months.

Edit: Nevermind, re-read your post and saw that you mentioned them.

Yes they have a great looking bumper, as mentioned above the lack of fogs and the fact they use a more tradition "bull bar" verse an actual trail stinger. Good to know on the lead time, didn't think it would be that lengthy.

I have the crawler conceptz ultra series and love it. Quality is top notch. Fits pretty much all of your critera. I found it to be priced a bit better than the PS. I went with the brawler bar style instead of the stinger, but they offer both.

Attachments

• 1466524429396.jpg
    1466524429396.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 433

Speeddmn

I have the crawler conceptz ultra series and love it. Quality is top notch. Fits pretty much all of your critera. I found it to be priced a bit better than the PS. I went with the brawler bar style instead of the stinger, but they offer both.

It is a very high contender, I like the way it look, meets most of my criteria also. In your picture you do not have a winch mounted, when makes me ask does the Zeon's fit as advertised or do you need the spacers like the PS series. It's not a deal breaker, but I'd be upset if I ordered one, had it show up, get all into the install and then cant get the winch to fit.

Side note, do you have a straight on shot, I know this is wider then the their Skinny series, but online they didn't have good pictures from the front, thank man.

It is a very high contender, I like the way it look, meets most of my criteria also. In your picture you do not have a winch mounted, when makes me ask does the Zeon's fit as advertised or do you need the spacers like the PS series. It's not a deal breaker, but I'd be upset if I ordered one, had it show up, get all into the install and then cant get the winch to fit.

Side note, do you have a straight on shot, I know this is wider then the their Skinny series, but online they didn't have good pictures from the front, thank man.

Yea so, idk lol. Its pre drilled with mounting holes for the winch but i havent looked into it much. I know Slavens is running a zeon on his and we have the same bumper.

Attachments

• 1466525523062.jpg
    1466525523062.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 434

Speeddmn

Yea so, idk lol. Its pre drilled with mounting holes for the winch but i havent looked into it much. I know Slavens is running a zeon on his and we have the same bumper.

Good to know, on the CC website the only non CAD type picture is a 1/4 view. Dosent give an indication of the width. It looks much better then anticipated. Also I could order it with the winch, so I assume (man I hate that word) that it either a. fits or b. comes with required shims/mount to make it fit.

Good to know, on the CC website the only non CAD type picture is a 1/4 view. Dosent give an indication of the width. It looks much better then anticipated. Also I could order it with the winch, so I assume (man I hate that word) that it either a. fits or b. comes with required shims/mount to make it fit.
Yea im pretty damn sure i fits but you could always call CC and ask. Heres a couple more of the bumper.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Something I've thought about but can't do it with the Powerplant due to it's size, is to cut out the hi lift jack lifting holes on the 1/4 pounder and put some flush mount fog lights. It may not work with the Zeon either idk. Once you put the stinger on the 1/4 pounder you lose the ability to use the hi lift lifting points anyways.

Just a thought. Maybe somebody else who has done it will chime in.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Fullmetal Fabworks Pinnacle Alex stubby. Fills all your needs. I don't have this bumper but it's on my short list.

vitodivita

I would recommend LOD based on the fitment of their rear bumper system. Great fit no rattle, and looks pretty good.

Speeddmn

Fullmetal Fabworks Pinnacle Alex stubby. Fills all your needs. I don't have this bumper but it's on my short list.

Yes the Pinnacle Apex looks to be a great bumper, I haven't heard much on them, nor do I know of anyone having it. It is very close to fitting all needs, if the would make the stinger a bit more stinger-ish! haha

Dalton gang

I might catch a rash of shit but has anyone heard of or seen or used a GSI front bumper? There priced well but canaidian made i believe.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I've searched till my fingers have bleed. Well not really, but seriously!

Accepts a Warn Zeon (with out cutting and fixing it myself)
Accepts factory fogs (this isn't the biggest issue since I can splice in some and mount somewhere)
Minimal cutting of frame
Prefer one that allows mounting the winch between the frame, VS on top of the bumper would be a giant bonus.
Trail size stinger (one that isn't 3 foot tall or stick in front 3 feet either)

I really like the 1/4 Pounder, the lack of fog's hurts it for me. Also cant remember if we discussed the Zeon mounting for this one.

Just get the 1/4 Pounder. I have installed this with the Warn Zeon 10-s:

12512342_10153554142421305_661528649322862330_n.jpg

I could have mounted the fog lights on it, but why? I would rather run a small light bar right above the fair lead and use my fog light switch since the plugs are already there.

Top Bottom