Will Chrysler ever put out a recall for clocksprings

BumblebeeZA

Im on my 2nd clockspring and now needing a 3rd.
I have a RHD 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

My first clockspring went bad about 2 years ago, replaced it and now the second one has gone bad.
Would Chrysler ever send out a recall for this, otherwise Ill have go buy ANOTHER one again.

My wife drives my Jeep as well, so I prefer having a working clockspring for the airbag for her safety.
But in South Africa, its R5 500 (+-$370) for a clock spring.

trailraider

welcome to Takata products.

FCA has said they wont be using Takata airbags any more.

no shit! every one they have ever manufactured has been recalled.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
FINALLY!!! Got the recall in South Africa too.
My Jeep is booked in ;)

For those interested, this might be for the USA and the rest of the world as well.

There is a recall about the Airbag Clockspring S40 / NHTSA 16V-288
https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/S40.pdf
http://recalls.mopar.com/

Yeah they just put out a similar one here in Oz and everyone's rushing to line up for a free clock spring but you won't get it unless you've still got a OEM one fitted

tonytony9

Just got a letter out here in New Jersey from the FCA saying that the passenger airbag inflator is being recalled.

My letter is mentioning that the parts are currently not available though, is this only because of where I am located?

BumblebeeZA

Just got a letter out here in New Jersey from the FCA saying that the passenger airbag inflator is being recalled.

My letter is mentioning that the parts are currently not available though, is this only because of where I am located?

Yeah I also got that recall for the passenger airbag, but also no parts available sure the main factories in the USA are busy rectifying this buy manufacturing more parts.
I have a OEM clockspring luckily that I replaced at Jeep that failed again and again, so I do get a new one for free as well as a refund... Whoop whoop.

At the moment, Im not too hesitant for the passenger recall, will do that when the parts are available (will order so long) but want my drivers side fixed ASAP, lived too long with the chime and light now :D

Top Bottom