Exhaust Power loss & Gearing

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Ok guys,

So I installed the Dynomax Comp shorty exhaust with a preaxle dump last night. Lost a large amount of low end torque and find it to be shifting a lot more while trying to stay in lower gears. Is this normal with this setup or is there something I can do? (ie: computer reset, etc?)

Also looking into gearing/axle options. I currently run an auto with 35's with 3.73 in my rear (no front driveshaft due to front recently being swapped and having 4:10). The options I'm looking into are:

1. Rubi rear axle with factory locker (not currently working - possibly electrical?) and 4.10's and chromolys. $600

2. Regear my current rear to 4.10's and leave the rear open. $300ish

3. Regear front and rear to either 4.88 or 5.13 (suggestions here?) and leave the rear open. $500ish

I'd really like to have the rear locked with some of the trails I will be running soon, but I also would love to have the power of the gears and I don't know that I'll see a huge difference going to 4.10 from 3.73

Thanks in Advance!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The power lose isn't from the exhaust, it's just that your hearing it now compared to stock which makes you think that.

The only reasonable option I read was to regear both axle to 4.88 or 5.13. While your at it I would lock the rear with an arb or the like.

Top Bottom