2 door jk door removal

TimOHthy

So I've been wanting to remove my doors this summer but from everything I've seen people use a t50 torque head to remove the bolts. Looking at mine it looks like I need a female socket to remove the bolt. I called a couple places and everyone told me that it sounds like it's an aftermarket bolt. Is this normal and if so what size is the bolt? Tired of buying sockets and them not working.

Speeddmn

So I've been wanting to remove my doors this summer but from everything I've seen people use a t50 torque head to remove the bolts. Looking at mine it looks like I need a female socket to remove the bolt. I called a couple places and everyone told me that it sounds like it's an aftermarket bolt. Is this normal and if so what size is the bolt? Tired of buying sockets and them not working.

Post a picture, you should only need to remove the t40/50 caps on the bottom of the hinge pin.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Agreed. A picture will make sense. Definitely something aftermarket but all you gotta do is get that bottom hinge bolt out and lift the door straight up.

Ginz

I don't mean to add insult to injury, but maybe you should buy an entire socket set. Buying one socket at a time seems a little....inconvenient?

TimOHthy

I don't mean to add insult to injury, but maybe you should buy an entire socket set. Buying one socket at a time seems a little....inconvenient?

Yeah I have complete sets of socket I just didn't have any that fit the type of bolts that are in the hinge, and I haven't been able to find any yet which I why I decided to ask on here.

Ginz

Yeah I have complete sets of socket I just didn't have any that fit the type of bolts that are in the hinge, and I haven't been able to find any yet which I why I decided to ask on here.

That's really odd. Definitely going to have to post pics when you can. Or maybe an adjustable crescent?

cashin

Might be anti theft nuts. Quadratech sells one type.McGuard also sells a different type. Just Google locking jk door nut.

TimOHthy

Might be anti theft nuts. Quadratech sells one type.McGuard also sells a different type. Just Google locking jk door nut.

Yup! That's it, appreciate the response it's been a pain trying to figure this out. I'll have to order the part to remove them. Thanks

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466696713.980056.jpg

If it looks like the piece on the bottom of the hinge it is factory. I don't remember the size for sure but want to say it's a T40 or T50. I pulled mine off on 7-3-14 and have never put them back on.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466696808.005421.jpg

You'll just unscrew them like this.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466696828.106201.jpg

Then you will be left with this.

After that you will need to unplug the connector up under your dash and unhook the strap off of the hook on the body side. Be careful though cause once that strap is unhooked your door can swing around and the mirror will hit and dent the cowl area.

Then open the door between 45 and 90 degrees and just lift up. It might take some back and forth while lifting up if the doors have never been off or if it's been a while between times they have been off. Some people have had to get a jack and a block of wood to get them to lift off also.

Good luck.

All of the pics I stole off the internet and are not mine or my jeep.

DINKELROC

A thin refridgerator magnet behind the rachet will save the paint too. Quadratec gives them with every order! :brows:

trailraider

Mopar has a good kit for the wranglers now.has a small head ratchet and all the little bits you need.

82214166AB

Top Bottom