Electrical Issue ?

DVLDOG2004

I have a 2014 JKU and today while driving to work I heard a ding and glanced down at my instrument cluster. The gauges all dropped and looked like the brake or check engine light came on, just for a second and then all was normal. Then it happened again after about ten minutes.
being that I work in Memphis, Tn. and get off at 0300, I really don't want to be stranded in the hood.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited:
I have a 2004 JKU and today while driving to work I heard a ding and glanced down at my instrument cluster. The gauges all dropped and looked like the brake or check engine light came on, just for a second and then all was normal. Then it happened again after about ten minutes.
being that I work in Memphis, Tn. and get off at 0300, I really don't want to be stranded in the hood.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I'm sorry did you say an 04 JKU...........

WJCO

Meme King
Check battery connections and charging system voltage. And have the DMV check your year/make/model and VIN to ensure you have an 04 JK.

Ddays

Hooked
You must have one of the 04 prototypes ;)....As far as the other issue thats a classic loose terminal symptom. Happened to me.

DVLDOG2004

The connector for the ground cable to the battery was lose. I'll give an update later if this solved the problem or not.
Thank you all 👍🏻

Ddays

Hooked
If you have accessories attached under the nut that tightens the terminal onto the battery post this will continue to happen. That nut has a cone bottom on it that forces the terminal to clamp
tighter as you tighten the nut. If there is a wire terminal under that nut it wont allow it to tighten enough that it wont come loose again. I had my winch ground terminal under this nut until I figured it out. Easy fix though.

DVLDOG2004

The drive home was uneventful, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just a lose battery terminal connection that was causing the problem.
Again, Thank You All for your help.
I'll report back in a few days.
SEMPER FI 🇺🇸

Aarfleming

I need electrical help please!!

Hey guys,

I was replacing lights today with LED's - did my headlights, fog lights and indicator lights. I also replaced a faulty LED in my Bushwacker flares.

When I was doing this I accidentally touched the two wires together and burned out a fuse. I had a heck of a time locating the burned out fuse and ended up pulling / replacing many of them in the fuse box for trial and error. I found the bugger!

When I was all done I went to start the Jeep - everything turns on fine but it won't turn over.

Any ideas?

I can hear a click when I turn the key but nothing more. I was going to boost it but before I do I don't know if I buggered something up when I was checking fuses / relays.

Let me know guys - you are the experts and I am just an idiot that shouldn't have been under the hood.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Lance628

Hey guys,

I was replacing lights today with LED's - did my headlights, fog lights and indicator lights. I also replaced a faulty LED in my Bushwacker flares.

When I was doing this I accidentally touched the two wires together and burned out a fuse. I had a heck of a time locating the burned out fuse and ended up pulling / replacing many of them in the fuse box for trial and error. I found the bugger!

When I was all done I went to start the Jeep - everything turns on fine but it won't turn over.

Any ideas?

I can hear a click when I turn the key but nothing more. I was going to boost it but before I do I don't know if I buggered something up when I was checking fuses / relays.

Let me know guys - you are the experts and I am just an idiot that shouldn't have been under the hood.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Possibly burned out the starter relay ?

WJCO

Meme King
Truthfully to me it sounds like a bad battery or drained battery, may just be a coincidence. Which fuse was it that blew?

Hot94Z28

I had the same hing happen on my way home a couple times at one point and it was the terminals were not getting tight enough.

Aarfleming

Truthfully to me it sounds like a bad battery or drained battery, may just be a coincidence. Which fuse was it that blew?

I'll try giving it a boost first and if that doesn't work I'll switch out the starter relay. Thanks guys!

Aarfleming

The fuse that blew was the passenger side lighting fuse. The indicator lights wouldn't turn on however drivers side did.

I swore I checked the fuse so I systematically went through all fuses again and found the bugger. I also checked the start relays just in case (not sure how I would've known if it was working or not).

I don't think I touched the starter relay but I think I'll replace it.

The battery is a yellow top optima that is fairly new. I'm stumped and eager for church to finish so I can dig back into it! Lol

Top Bottom