Teraflex HD Hinge not flush?

mortuar

I couldn't find the answer I was looking for in search... but those with the Teraflex HD hinge on the tailgate, does yours sit completely flush against the tailgate from the top looking down? I have a small gap on the side that contacts the tailgate toward the right (near the hinge). It's a very minor gap, but the gap is there. I double checked torque on the bolts and it's all good. The quarter panel the hinge attaches to is completely flush and solid - it's just the tailgate side that doesn't sit flush. Tailgate is even with the quarter panel - so that tailgate isn't sunken in or anything like that. Thoughts? :thinking:

hinge1.jpg

hinge2.jpg

hinge3.jpg

hinge4.jpg

hinge5.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It's made in China. I wouldn't expect it to sit flush, or hold the tire for very long. Sorry, but that carrier is not something I would trust.

mortuar

It's made in China. I wouldn't expect it to sit flush, or hold the tire for very long. Sorry, but that carrier is not something I would trust.

I know there is a strong hate for this carrier it appears after that whole ordeal. I was just hoping someone might have experience with the carrier in regards to it sitting flush or not on the tailgate.

Dreadedsoldier

I'll get you pictures tomorrow night. My Jeep has been taking a vacation at the shop for the last week now trying to get a throw out bearing put in. Btw only have 11k on it... :(

WJCO

Meme King
I would just make sure it doesn't vibrate when you're going down the road. And make sure and constantly check for breaks based on the past issues they had

mortuar

I would just make sure it doesn't vibrate when you're going down the road. And make sure and constantly check for breaks based on the past issues they had

Yeah - it's been silent and feels solid. Just seems like it should sit flush. I also overanalyze everything. :D

Dreadedsoldier

They have fixed those issues as far as I know. I have the most updated model on it. My tire doesn't vibrate whatsoever. If anything the stock BFG mud terrain on the stock carrier moved more than this thing. Don't understand the hate on teraflex parts here. That being said it's the only teraflex part I have. Went with a metalcloak suspension, which btw also gets slammed here a lot, it's a way better ride than the stock rubicon suspension in my opinion....

mortuar

They have fixed those issues as far as I know. I have the most updated model on it. My tire doesn't vibrate whatsoever. If anything the stock BFG mud terrain on the stock carrier moved more than this thing. Don't understand the hate on teraflex parts here. That being said it's the only teraflex part I have. Went with a metalcloak suspension, which btw also gets slammed here a lot, it's a way better ride than the stock rubicon suspension in my opinion....

Yeah - this one I have is the latest model. Just installed it maybe two weeks ago. It is super solid. There will always be haters for any product - I take it with a grain of salt. That whole situation that flared up before got wayyyy out of hand in my opinion... and I knew I'd be getting those responses when I posted this... I really was just trying to find someone with hands on experience in regards to this thing sitting flush or not on the tailgate side.

I don't plan on doing any crazy off-roading - mostly over landing. It will suit my needs just fine and keeps my tire close to the gate - single latch. I'm happy with it, just want to make sure it's not tweaked from the factory or something. Figured it wouldn't hurt to start a thread so I can post the outcome. Might help someone later on. :beer:

mortuar

Hey it's getting fixed so I'm all smiles :) and under warranty

Heck yeah! I'm at 33,333 on the odometer as of today (snapped a pic, had to). Less than 3k left on my warranty!

Just got it back from the dealer a few weeks ago for a busted radiator. Having never really seen the off-road, it bummed me out to see this radiator randomly crack. D:

Dreadedsoldier

Yeah - this one I have is the latest model. Just installed it maybe two weeks ago. It is super solid. There will always be haters for any product - I take it with a grain of salt. That whole situation that flared up before got wayyyy out of hand in my opinion... and I knew I'd be getting those responses when I posted this... I really was just trying to find someone with hands on experience in regards to this thing sitting flush or not on the tailgate side.

I don't plan on doing any crazy off-roading - mostly over landing. It will suit my needs just fine and keeps my tire close to the gate - single latch. I'm happy with it, just want to make sure it's not tweaked from the factory or something. Figured it wouldn't hurt to start a thread so I can post the outcome. Might help someone later on. :beer:

I'll get you the pics of mine tomorrow I'm pretty anal when it comes to me Jeep and can't say I've noticed an issue. Maybe I'll find mine to be like yours haha. I'll keep you posted

Top Bottom