For 2012+, Dual Battery Kit with Positive Right Battery

MonkeyLeo13

Hey, my oem battery just dying so my wife just got me a new battery: Odyssey 34R PC1500T :D and I plan to get dual battery kit in future. I thought I'll get genesis but any batteries contains positive on right will not work? Means I have to sell it or find something else to make useful for battery while buy new battery contains left positive? It kind of sucks when you buy new battery so you use it for a few months before you plan to add Genesis dual battery kit but discover it will not work with current battery unless battery is left positive. :thinking:

Seem like M.O.R.E. dual battery tray is way to go (plus wiring harness and isolator from painless)? Just want to see if you have a way to resolve it with genesis dual battery kit or recommend for better dual battery kit for 2012+ that can use battery contains right positive?

Heholua

Hey, my oem battery just dying so my wife just got me a new battery: Odyssey 34R PC1500T :D and I plan to get dual battery kit in future. I thought I'll get genesis but any batteries contains positive on right will not work? Means I have to sell it or find something else to make useful for battery while buy new battery contains left positive? It kind of sucks when you buy new battery so you use it for a few months before you plan to add Genesis dual battery kit but discover it will not work with current battery unless battery is left positive. :thinking:

Seem like M.O.R.E. dual battery tray is way to go (plus wiring harness and isolator from painless)? Just want to see if you have a way to resolve it with genesis dual battery kit or recommend for better dual battery kit for 2012+ that can use battery contains right positive?

I'm sure it can be done if you want to re-wire the battery cables on the Jeep. Other than that, I don't think there is much of a choice considering the current stock set up.

Whether you go with the More or Genesis, the batteries sit in the same positions in both trays which means both batteries need to be left post positive to have OEM cables on the correct posts.

Attachments

• 1466806572680.jpg
    1466806572680.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1466806587836.jpg
    1466806587836.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 96

MonkeyLeo13

Yea but if you notice MORE image, it not both same positive position means I can used current battery (positive right) to put on bottom of that MORE image while buy new battery (positive left) on top. For Genesis, yea I'm out of luck.

Top Bottom