Should I be worried about this?

jlayton30

This looks broken to me. Should I be worried? Getting ready to go in a road trip and prefer not to beak down on the way. image.jpg

TRLJNKY

I wouldnt even think about risking it. Gonna be a bad day if it comes apart. Good thing you spotted it!

jlayton30

Thanks. I took it down to the local shop. Hopefully they can take care of it. I, unfortunately, don't have time to tackle it myself.

jlayton30

Ouch.... Apparently I need both front and rear tie rods replaced and front tie rod adjustment sleeve. Oh and of course an alignment after all is said and done. $600 for parts and labor!

Ginz

Ouch.... Apparently I need both front and rear tie rods replaced and front tie rod adjustment sleeve. Oh and of course an alignment after all is said and done. $600 for parts and labor!

Sucks, but could have been much worse having that thing blow out on a road trip with your family in the car.

MattMc

Quoting your post, so hopefully you get an alert and look at this. As others have pointed out, your Jeep doesn't have a rear tie rod. If you're 100% sure they said rear tie rod, then you're getting scammed.

jlayton30

Sorry folks. The $600 price shock must have affected my typing. (should have proofed it first). It was both the left and right tie rod ends. Not front and rear. But the concept of a rear steering jeep sounds kind of fun.

jlayton30

image.jpg
Well... This is what $600 parts and labor bought me. I'm sure I'll regret not using this money to upgrade but for now at least I have a little piece of mind for my trip.

Thanks for everyone input.

SilverJKOwner

I just got a synergy tie Rod for $345 and installed it a couple days ago. Took about 45 min to install. There's no way I'd pay $600 for a factory one

Top Bottom