3 inch lift

Jeeptuff328

I'm wanting to put a 3 inch suspension lift on my XJ but totally new to this. Not really sure what all needs to be done. Of course they sell the kits on Amazon but want to make sure I'm getting all the stuff I need. What all needs to be replaced????

zzachm18

I used to have an xj and threw on a rough country 3inch... Which I do not recommend. Came with two add a leafs, 4 shocks, and 2 front coils. However, whichever route you take, I do recommend a new driveshaft or slip yoke eliminator because you will get vibration on the driveline

TwistedJK

I ran a Rusty's 4.5" lift with new leaf springs. Never had an issue with it. Even added 2" spacers later on. Had the adjustable track bar, steering brace and dropped pitman arm. I ran 33's, but could have fit 35's with no problem.

Frydaddy

I ran a Rusty's 4.5" lift with new leaf springs. Never had an issue with it. Even added 2" spacers later on. Had the adjustable track bar, steering brace and dropped pitman arm. I ran 33's, but could have fit 35's with no problem.

x2 here on this list. I strongly recommend the full spring packs. Add-A-Leafs are a waste.

If you havent installed a slip-yoke eliminator yet, get a stick shift front driveshaft (longer than automatic) to get another few inches in the front, then use your current front driveshaft to replace the crappy slip-yoke in the rear.

danco3636

I would go with a good USA brand that has good customer support and service. With lifts you seem to get what you pay for.
Call them direct.

Joshman3280

Not sure if you have got a lot yet but I have always heard good things about rusty's off road lifts, I personally plan on going with there 6.5 long arm kit and of course sye kit.

Frydaddy

If you havent installed a slip-yoke eliminator yet, get a stick shift front driveshaft (longer than automatic) to get another few inches in the front, then use your current front driveshaft to replace the crappy slip-yoke in the rear.

I found my reference pic, then promptly forgot where this post was.
From Left to right, A front shaft from a standard XJ, A front shaft from an automatic XJ, then an automatic slip yoke driveshaft.

rear stick trans, rear auto trans, Slip yoke.jpg

Top Bottom