Can't decide which vehicle to buy

SeanJK

So I plan on buying a new jeep in the upcoming weeks (jku) and I really would like some advice before I spend 25 grand on a car.

I would like to buy a 2009-2012 Wrangler unlimited, that's the easy part, but when it comes to which type of wrangler I am stuck.

This car will be my daily driver and wheeling car so please keep that in mind. I know most of the basic aspects about the different types of wranglers but If there is anything that you could say to help me find the perfect slate to start with, that would be awesome.

Should I go Wrangler Sport? Sahara? Or Rubi?

I'm going to do a full build on whatever car I do end up getting, 35-37s, lift, fenders, front and rear bumpers ,full skids, armor, the list goes on. I don't want to have to upgrade axles and cases.

My question is, what car is best for me? I would like to spend around $25-$28k.

Any advice, criticism would be greatly appreciated! :clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the budget you have in mind, I don't think you'll be able to afford a 2012. I might look for a 2009 Rubicon instead. With the Rubicon, you'll get a Dana 44 front diff, lockers front and rear, electric sway bar disconnect and most importantly, a 4:1 transfer case.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
For the budget you have in mind, I don't think you'll be able to afford a 2012. I might look for a 2009 Rubicon instead. With the Rubicon, you'll get a Dana 44 front diff, lockers front and rear, electric sway bar disconnect and most importantly, a 4:1 transfer case.

He can get a base sport for 28,000. I would take a stripped down 2012 before I would take a rubicon 3.8

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You could probably get a sort for your price range in a 2012 but you would need to upgrade the axles to run 37's. So like Eddie said your better off with an older rubi.

jeep-creep

He can get a base sport for 28,000. I would take a stripped down 2012 before I would take a rubicon 3.8

Ouch on my 3.8..lol I would go older rubicon.....Shop wisely, and try to find a local jeep ro one far away that has been on the forums.

Good luck!

TrailRidden

haha, poor 3.8l's. I have one and i know they are nothing to get excited about but for wheelin, i havent seen any problems. Especailly after a few bolt on upgrades.:thumb:

RockyJk

The jk is so awesome they had to put a mini-van engine in it to just to make it fair haha

Top Bottom