Maximum articulation out of stock suspension?

Ubbb69

I am running a puck leveling kit on a jku. I would not mind even taking it off before i start this project. I am happy with 35" tires and flat fenders as far as looks. What i would like to do is get maximum articulation out of the stock set up. Am i wrong thinking i could run longer shocks with spring retainers and limit straps? I need to do some measuring for the shock length to find a happy medium. Is there any thing i am looking over that would make this set up unsafe or sketchy? I do have a set of rk 2.5 coils here at the house also but as said am happy with stock ride and height. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Steve.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well yeah, what you're over looking is the fact that while a longer shock will give you more droop, it'll also have a taller body and you'll have very little up travel. In other words, you won't have much stuff and you'll bottom it out.

Ubbb69

Well yeah, what you're over looking is the fact that while a longer shock will give you more droop, it'll also have a taller body and you'll have very little up travel. In other words, you won't have much stuff and you'll bottom it out.

I need to fully stuff it to see if i have any shock stroke left. I have not had a chance to do any measuring as of yet. Been crazy around here for months. I know that you of all people would know. Sounds as if i am heading down the wrong path here?

Top Bottom