Winch wiring

Ginz

Can anyone put up some pics of how you have your winch attached to the battery? Stock battery terminals. I'm not really sure which of the three accessory points I should attach it to seeing as how stuff is already connected.

Ginz

Lots of pics here: https://www.google.com/search?q=hoo...ved=0ahUKEwjv-fHkp8vNAhVNxGMKHdM5CKcQ_AUICigD

Just hook the terminal on the winch wire to the nut that clamps the terminal to the battery. Post some pics if you can of what you have going on.

Thanks, I was going to do that but wasn't sure if that was right. Unfortunately, I have now dropped that nut somewhere into the pits of hell, and can't find it. FML!!!! Thanks for the info though, hopefully i can find that nut or something like it in Home Depot.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks, I was going to do that but wasn't sure if that was right. Unfortunately, I have now dropped that nut somewhere into the pits of hell, and can't find it. FML!!!! Thanks for the info though, hopefully i can find that nut or something like it in Home Depot.

Auto Parts Store may be a better option.

Ginz

3 hardware stores and 2 auto parts stores later, no flange nuts in all of effing Miami. Gonna have to use wing nuts for now. Cuban engineering at its finest

Ddays

Hooked
Make sure you don't place the winch wire terminals under the cone shaped nuts that tighten the clamps to the battery posts. Use the other nuts on the clamps. If you do you won't be able to tighten those nuts enough and you will be treated to a warning light display as you are driving down the road as the terminals jiggle loose just enough.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
3 hardware stores and 2 auto parts stores later, no flange nuts in all of effing Miami. Gonna have to use wing nuts for now. Cuban engineering at its finest

I found one at Home Depot. M6 flange nut. Came in a pack of two for 58 cents. I used the spare as a lock nut on the negative terminal.

Last edited:

Ginz

I found one at Home Depot. M6 flange nut. Came in a pack of two for 58 cents. I used the spare as a lock nut on the negative terminal.

True value, Home Depot, and lowes were all out. I picked up a pack of wingnuts, and said, "lemme stops at Ace, since now it doesn't matter". Guy at Ace says "I don't know why you went anywhere else, here you go". Lmao

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467147335.880472.jpg

Thanks for all the help everyone, it's greatly appreciated!

WJCO

Meme King
True value, Home Depot, and lowes were all out. I picked up a pack of wingnuts, and said, "lemme stops at Ace, since now it doesn't matter". Guy at Ace says "I don't know why you went anywhere else, here you go". Lmao

View attachment 210289

Thanks for all the help everyone, it's greatly appreciated!

Nice. Glad it worked out. Truthfully, I used Home Depot for years until I bought my previous house right down the street from Ace. Ace has the best damn selection of fastener hardware that I've ever seen from a hardware store. I'm in there at least once a week now. They always have what I need.

Ginz

Nice. Glad it worked out. Truthfully, I used Home Depot for years until I bought my previous house right down the street from Ace. Ace has the best damn selection of fastener hardware that I've ever seen from a hardware store. I'm in there at least once a week now. They always have what I need.

They really do. Should have gone there first.

Top Bottom