Help! 08 wrangler jku performance issues

madstiles

I've been having issues after my jeep warms up. 08 jku seems to run good for a few minutes plenty of power no noises then at temp it loses power and kind of rattle sound over 2500 rpms doesn't miss but feels like I'm pulling a trailer . Any ideas would be great within the year I have done a tune up and regular fluid changes no check engine light or any other light. If you need more info let me know

Ginz

I've been having issues after my jeep warms up. 08 jku seems to run good for a few minutes plenty of power no noises then at temp it loses power and kind of rattle sound over 2500 rpms doesn't miss but feels like I'm pulling a trailer . Any ideas would be great within the year I have done a tune up and regular fluid changes no check engine light or any other light. If you need more info let me know

I had a similar issue years ago with the TPS on my explorer. Doesn't explain the rattling though. Warning, I am mechanically retarded.

Zstairlessone

You might try the throttle calibration before digging in deep. Mine ('08 ) will get, well, fluttery (if that's a word) at times and doesn't seem capable of getting over the crease at the edge of its own shadow. If I pull over, shut it down, do the throttle cal then restart it perks right back up. Well in 3.8 terms it perks up anyway. Just a thought.

Zstairlessone

Turn the key on, don't start it, wait for all the lights to go out then slowly depress the throttle all the way down and back up

DKjeep

Please describe this rattle noise more thorough. Is it detonation? Buddy at work is having a similar issue and it was a clogged cat.

jeeeep

Hooked
rattle sound after heating up is usually bad catalytic converter, been thru it a few times.
the guts breakdown and actually plug the exhaust which will affect your performance

Top Bottom