Do I really need this engine cover?

Ddays

Hooked
Any consequences to ditching this cover? Doesn't really hurt anything but does it really provide any benefits? Maybe keep some water from accumulating around the intake area when driving in the rain is all I really see...IDK...whattya think?

cowl.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Any consequences to ditching this cover? Doesn't really hurt anything but does it really provide any benefits? Maybe keep some water from accumulating around the intake area when driving in the rain is all I really see...IDK...whattya think?

View attachment 210362

I took mine off about 3 years ago, mainly because it was an extra step in service and inspection. zero issues since havent noticed anything different either, I do live in Reno, NV so its hard to say about the water accumulation but i dont think it would be an issues either way.

jeeeep

Hooked
I was told it replaces the heat/sound padding usually found on the hood.
If you remove it you won't notice much difference but over time you may notice the paint heat fade in that area.
you can order the hood liner, it's about $85

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
It's for heat a little but mainly for noise deadening. Take it off and the engine will be noisier. That's it. The liner under the hood is for noise also and heat moreso. The new ones still come with it on the more premium models.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for all the answers. Kinda what I figured regarding the sound/heat but didn't really think about the paint fade..
Meh, probably just throw it back on....

Flat Top

I can never get mine to secure back into place after changing the oil. I just kind of "Sits There" now..... :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's for heat a little but mainly for noise deadening. Take it off and the engine will be noisier. That's it. The liner under the hood is for noise also and heat moreso. The new ones still come with it on the more premium models.

This right here is the correct answer ^^^^

That is all :cool:

Top Bottom