To trade in my '11 JKU for a '12 JKUR or not?

DEMNJK11

I'm starting my career at the end of this month and I am debating on whether or not to trade in my 2011 JKU sport for a 2012 JKUR or to just upgrade my 2011 to the equivalent. I really mainly want the D44 and the electric disconnects which I know I can always upgrade to on my rig. I already have leather seats as well as a full system for audio so no gains from that just want the comfort of the D44 and possibly the new motor. Not sure how much of a difference it will really make though with a 4" lift and 37's which is my overall plan. I test drove a '12 with a similar setup to mine (2.5" lift and 35's with stock 3.73s) and really couldn't tell much difference in acceleration and when I checked the mpg of the one I was test driving mine was still higher lol. Granted I do understand people may drive it a little harder on the test drive. Just curious to see if other people have been in my situation, what you did and if you wished you hadn't made that choice. I know I owe less than 20k on my setup now but have almost 45k miles : / so not sure on which choice is the right one to pay mine off and ten upgrade or finance the upgrades with a new rubicon.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If they give you what you want for yours and you can afford the payments its something to think about for sure. Have you looked at the '13's yet? You might be able to get a lower interest rate and thus keep your payments a little lower. If you can afford it and not break the bank the new motor is worth it in my opinion and if you go with a rubi you get the upgraded front end.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm starting my career at the end of this month and until I max out my 401K and make sure I pay myself first in order to be able to retire comfortably...I will not consider spending money on a new jeep.

Fixed it for you! :thumb:

Just kidding. :cheesy: The new engine is nice, but if you didn't think it was that big of a difference I'd just keep what you have. Your looking at $35K+ for a new JKUR.

Smokinjoe

I just took a test drive of a 13 JKUR and I must say it is sweet :clap2: I love my 09 JKR, I may have to be a two Jeep family.

sj

jeffd

Fixed it for you! :thumb:

Just kidding. :cheesy: The new engine is nice, but if you didn't think it was that big of a difference I'd just keep what you have. Your looking at $35K+ for a new JKUR.

very good advice, I wished I would have heeded advice like that 30 years ago.

MTG

Caught the Bug
jeffd said:
very good advice, I wished I would have heeded advice like that 30 years ago.

I could have used an extra 10+ years in the market myself. :(

Top Bottom