37" and 40" Front Bumper Clearance

ralfman5

Will a mid width front bumper clear a 37" and or 40" tire without rubbing issue or you need a stubby front bumper??? Thanks.

JEEPnGEO

I have 35's now. If I move to 37" will I have to trim the body behind the rear wheel. I don't mean to hijack but I think the bumper would clear. I have more space in front of the front tire than behind the rear tire. Thanks in advance.

tgoss

I have 35's now. If I move to 37" will I have to trim the body behind the rear wheel. I don't mean to hijack but I think the bumper would clear. I have more space in front of the front tire than behind the rear tire. Thanks in advance.

It's not necessary. You'll have to trim the pinch seam in front of the wheel and your rails if you're running stock. But the pinch in the rear you certainly don't need to trim but a lot of that is going to depend on your lift and bumpstop configuration. Just cycle everything on a lift or forklift and see what you got.

thardy

Banned
Will a mid width front bumper clear a 37" and or 40" tire without rubbing issue or you need a stubby front bumper??? Thanks.

A member on here, Coop, is running the LoD mid width front bumper with slabs and 37s and the Mud Grapplers were EATING the bumper for lunch last time out. I believe he's running 3-3.5" of lift as well.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have 37" tires. I don't think I could clear a mid with bumper. I had to trim quite a bit off grill and front to stop rubbing

Grubbicon

Before I went full width my 40s would rub the grille in the right spot with a 3.5" back spaced wheel. So Im gonna say you must have a stubby. A buddy of mine with a poison spyder brawler mid width rubs with his 38s.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Before I went full width my 40s would rub the grille in the right spot with a 3.5" back spaced wheel. So Im gonna say you must have a stubby. A buddy of mine with a poison spyder brawler mid width rubs with his 38s.

Can you post some pics of where you trimmed front and rear?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Here's how much I had to trim. 1467650308218.jpg
Full lock was hitting the grill and chipping paint 1467650290905.jpg 1467650298781.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
A member on here, Coop, is running the LoD mid width front bumper with slabs and 37s and the Mud Grapplers were EATING the bumper for lunch last time out. I believe he's running 3-3.5" of lift as well.
Thardy is correct. Also had to trim the rock sliders back about an inch. The LoD bumpers are not easy to cut! Lol!

desertrunner

I used to kiss the edge of my stubby running 3.5" lift and 37s when stuffed and turn in so i have no doubt i would have rubbed the shit out of a mid width.... but im sure it really depends on the lift/tire/bumper/bumpstop/ rim backspacing combo really a lot of variables

DSC00742.jpg

Top Bottom