EVO draglink flip question

RageKage

I recently installed the EVO draglink flip, I noticed that there is no zerks fitting. Is it safe to assume that if and when the joint wears out I have to replace the entire draglink or are these supposed to be rebuildable (to an extent)?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just replace them with a rhd drag link. Crown makes a good one of yours ever wears out

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Possibly a dumb question but when you say RHD do you mean right hand drive as in steering wheel on the passenger side?

Lol yes. The drag link would be used on a RHD jeep. The way we flip the drag link is by using one off/for a RHD jeep. Try putting your stock one on top of the drilled out knuckle and see what happens. You will not be able to steer because of the bend getting in the way

RageKage

Lol yes. The drag link would be used on a RHD jeep. The way we flip the drag link is by using one off/for a RHD jeep. Try putting your stock one on top of the drilled out knuckle and see what happens. You will not be able to steer because of the bend getting in the way

I honestly would have never even thought about the bend. Thanks for the clarification. Makes a lot more sense now. I was wondering why would I put a RHD part on a LHD vehicle lol.

Andy5160

Hooked
All,

It might be a dumb question but can i install flipped drag link only without installing track bar bracket?

If not, what are the major purpose of the track bar bracket?
ty

You want the bracket. It keeps your steering components parallel. But the drag link flip kit comes WITH the bracket so you should be getting everything you need in one shot.

RageKage

All,

It might be a dumb question but can i install flipped drag link only without installing track bar bracket?

If not, what are the major purpose of the track bar bracket?
ty

I would imagine you could but your steering geometry would be off. The flip is for lifts over 3 inches. The track bar bracket raises the track bar mount to keep your steering geometry correct. I may have missed or misworded some of that but I'm sure the others on here can chime in and help clarify better.

^^^^ what mike said

Andy5160

Hooked
I have 3.5 lift with Rubicon express track bar and the axel is perfectly centered with the current set up. I do want to flip the drag link so in my mind if i have no issue with the track bar what do i gain by installing the whole flip system and not just the drag link itself.

Again i am new to the Jeep world but not the offroad.

Thank's again

RageKage

I have 3.5 lift with Rubicon express track bar and the axel is perfectly centered with the current set up. I do want to flip the drag link so in my mind if i have no issue with the track bar what do i gain by installing the whole flip system and not just the drag link itself.

Again i am new to the Jeep world but not the offroad.

Thank's again

Having the whole system in place will help to keep your steering geometry as close to stock as possible. The track bar bracket helps keep your track bar and drag link parallel like mike said since the angle of your drag link is changed after being flipped. The ultimate gain is keeping your steering geometry as close to stock as possible so you have a jeep that drives like it should or rather the way it was designed too.

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked
Having the whole system in place will help to keep your steering geometry as close to stock as possible. The track bar bracket helps keep your track bar and drag link parallel like mike said since the angle of your drag link is changed after being flipped. The ultimate gain is keeping your steering geometry as close to stock as possible so you have a jeep that drives like it should or rather the way it was designed too.

All questions answered!

ty

RageKage

Also on Northridge 4x4 they have three different EVO kits

Which one do i need?

Like Granite said. Lol I've only seen two myself, tho I haven't ever shopped on north ridge. The ones I've seen on Quadratec are either you have a ProRock44 front axle or you don't. I'm going to assume that you don't. Don't worry I don't either, them things is expensive as F***! But they are damn near the best on the market if not the best. I recently just bought the EVO flip kit and it cost about 300 or so. Very sturdy, very well made. All you need to do is drill out the knuckle with a 13/16th drill bit. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469136138.681150.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469136152.233452.jpg
Top pic is the one I purchased. Bottom is if you have the ProRock44. Same price just the bracketry it comes with is different because of the difference in axles.

Andy5160

Hooked
Like Granite said. Lol I've only seen two myself, tho I haven't ever shopped on north ridge. The ones I've seen on Quadratec are either you have a ProRock44 front axle or you don't. I'm going to assume that you don't. Don't worry I don't either, them things is expensive as F***! But they are damn near the best on the market if not the best. I recently just bought the EVO flip kit and it cost about 300 or so. Very sturdy, very well made. All you need to do is drill out the knuckle with a 13/16th drill bit. View attachment 213975 View attachment 213976
Top pic is the one I purchased. Bottom is if you have the ProRock44. Same price just the bracketry it comes with is different because of the difference in axles.

Thank's is the link for the third option.It has one piece bracket
http://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/2...1rhd-evo-manufacturing-rhd-drag-link-flip-kit

Top Bottom