Bent axle?

CJ2JK2

My son was driving in the fast lane and a driver jerked into his lane, so to avoid getting hit, he jerked his jeep to the left and hit the cement divider. Blew out both left tires, bent left coil mounting bracket and left control arm mounting bracket, now rear driver tire wobbles! On the cheap, brackets on the front axle can be taken off and new aftermarket brackets put on, however, I think the rear axle shaft is bent. What would be the cost to put a new stock rear axle or can anyone recommend a shop in the San Fernando Valley?

dwvninety

Welcome to WAL, can you post pictures of your rear axle? Can you pull out and check to see the axle shaft?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would NOT order up new OE shafts as they tend to be quite expensive. Rather, I would order up something like a set of Ten Factory or Alloy USA shafts as you can get them for about $600.

JeepJeep75

I just installed a set of rear Revolution axle shafts today. Had a bent flange. The new axles are completely plug-and play. Basic hand tools are all that's needed. Took less than an hour to do both sides. Lifetime warranty. $560 with free shipping. Can't beat that! Figure two hours labor if you're gonna pay somebody to do this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed a set of rear Revolution axle shafts today. Had a bent flange. The new axles are completely plug-and play. Basic hand tools are all that's needed. Took less than an hour to do both sides. Lifetime warranty. $560 with free shipping. Can't beat that! Figure two hours labor if you're gonna pay somebody to do this.

Revolution makes good shafts and I would definitely recommend them too.

CJ2JK2

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if it was the axle or housing that was bent, so I took out the passenger side axle shaft and installed it in the driver's side (non Rubicon jeep) and there's no wobbling. So now I'm ready to order. I will call both companies to see how soon I can get a set delivered. Thank you everyone for all the advice.

Hammmerhead

So what is the final on bent flanges? Someone said TEN doesn't cover bent flanges, yet Revolution does. Revs are $560 pressed ready to stab and Tens are $400 pressed and ready to go.

CJ2JK2

It was a bent flange, called Northridge 4X4, ordered a pair of Ten Factory 4140 shafts, spent $400 (no taxes or shipping). Shafts bearings were pressed at their shop, shafts have a lifetime warranty on bent flanges. Installing them next week. Local shop wanted $575 for same pair, not including taxes and 15-17 week back order. My son is on a college budget!

metalic

Down fall to the tens are if you bend or break one you either must pay NR to press the new one together or be able to do it yourself. I've twisted 3 shafts and broke 1. The first time I had NR press them at my expense and the second time they drop shipped them to me so i could press them together and had then next day.

Top Bottom