Deutsch Connectors

whytiptoe

O I am looking at doing some wiring, hence deutsch connector question. So I am waiting to have my light bar on a connector so I can remove the bar when I know I'm not going to be using in. I am looking at the DTP series which can handle 25 amps, that should be enough for the light bar.

The light bar is 300 watt so that should put it at the 25 amps.

My question is does anyone have any other recommendations for a better plug system that is waterproof.

Thanks in advance.

JHoward77

I've used both Delphi Weather-Pack (20A max) and Metri-Pack 280 (30A max) and both were easy to install, assuming you've crimped pins before, and have worked flawlessly. The only negative I had was sourcing all the parts for each plug (m/f pins, m/f housing, seals, tpa locks). If you only need a couple plugs there are sellers on ebay that sell a complete sets of all the pieces you need for just a single plug. Just watch out for the seal colors, they correspond to different sizes so make sure they're for the size wire you're using. I chose Delphi plugs since they manufacture most of the OEM plugs on Jeeps.

whytiptoe

I've used both Delphi Weather-Pack (20A max) and Metri-Pack 280 (30A max) and both were easy to install, assuming you've crimped pins before, and have worked flawlessly. The only negative I had was sourcing all the parts for each plug (m/f pins, m/f housing, seals, tpa locks). If you only need a couple plugs there are sellers on ebay that sell a complete sets of all the pieces you need for just a single plug. Just watch out for the seal colors, they correspond to different sizes so make sure they're for the size wire you're using. I chose Delphi plugs since they manufacture most of the OEM plugs on Jeeps.

Thanks for the info, I am use to crimping pins as aviation uses similar pins.

Top Bottom