Edelbrock E Force blowers

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Yes we have one on my wife's 2015

Kind of interested as well. Edelbrock is really the only supercharger I'd consider for a JK. They make some quality stuff and have great customer service IMO. Only thing that worried me is changing out the PCM since nobody has cracked the encryption on the '15 and up yet for performance tuning. Did you use the Diablosport '14 JK PCM? Is your's an auto or manual? If auto, hows the shifting at part throttle? Any surging issues with the cruise set?

Aldor

We started our in Nov of 2015 and YES tuning was a pain in the ass. Edelbrock was awesome /SCX was not as easy to work with until Edelbrock told them to solve the problem. 1st don't use a Diablosport 14 PCM - we did this and is was was a royal pain - SCX tuners won't talk to it. Get a PCM from SCX "yes we we flushed that cash down the drain. The jeep is a 6 speed manual. I will post a lot more about this in a few hours .

rbdozerman

Just wondering if anyone had any major problems?
I'm going to install one on my Jk next week I have a automatic on my 14 rubicon most I have seen are on 6 speeds didn't want break it

DKjeep

Kind of interested as well. Edelbrock is really the only supercharger I'd consider for a JK. They make some quality stuff and have great customer service IMO. Only thing that worried me is changing out the PCM since nobody has cracked the encryption on the '15 and up yet for performance tuning. Did you use the Diablosport '14 JK PCM? Is your's an auto or manual? If auto, hows the shifting at part throttle? Any surging issues with the cruise set?

Im ust curious about your logic here, why is it the only one you would install?

Aldor

6 speed manual - her jeep is pretty well built 37" beadlocks = it's heavy so the power gains are not like if you installed a supercharger on a mustang :). We knew a supercharger was going to be part of the build so we put 4:56 gears in right away. The best way I can explain the power gains is "it took all the weight off the jeep" and is much easier to drive on the streets . As for crawling personally I have never came to a rock and said "if I only had 100 HP's I could crawl it" My jeep I went the mechanical advantage direction with 4:88 gears. If I daily drove my jeep I would put a SC on mine too ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467483847.713886.jpg hers

Aldor

When it come to the 'Tuning" SCT is Edelbrock's package tuner. SCT is a real pain in the ass to deal with "email only" :( . As soon as you start having issues with the tuning part -call Edelbrock "they are great and answer the phone" tell them your issues with SCT and Edelbrock will VERY quickly get SCT back in line and the problems start getting fixed :). The Edelbrock factory tuner gave me his cell number "that's service" and did a few special programming for us to match our build.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Im ust curious about your logic here, why is it the only one you would install?

The Magneson covers the oem oil filter so I don't want it. The Sprintex seems to be ok, just the few people who have one say the company disappears after the sale, leaving no tech support and any questions or issues go unanswered. And I don't want a centri supercharger so that rules out the Ripp and ProCharger.

Last edited:

rbdozerman

Good to know thanks
My jk is on 35 with a AEV dual sport 3.5 lift love it just needs more power !! That seems to be easy fix to take care of it an just like eldobrock stuff like the oil filter deal an looks clean an factory
Also going to have it dino before an after to see if the gains are true !! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467490009.217469.jpg

Last edited:

rbdozerman

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471133065.989407.jpg
Well worth the wait!!!
Only problem was transmission couldn't keep up so put a OST dyno TCM an fixed it perfect!!!

rbdozerman

They were good to deal with had one little hiccup but they were all over it an Michael fixed me right up an now shifts excellent now !!

Last edited:
Top Bottom