Arkpak portable power w/ ARB fridge freezer

Lance628

Have you looked at Genesis duel battery kit at all I run it and I love it

Last edited:

ttfhell

Buy a big Sears platinum battery and run decent size wire to the outlet. Don't need to run portable power. Don't need two batteries.

Wizard

I've been running a Springtail Solutions MPAC battery tray for a while now fitted with a 120 AH AGM battery. Quality of the tray is very good.

Attachments

• 1467578257941.jpg
    1467578257941.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 107
I've been running a Springtail Solutions MPAC battery tray for a while now fitted with a 120 AH AGM battery. Quality of the tray is very good.

I haven't seen that tray. That is perfect spot for mounting the battery. I was looking at mounting options too...what do you use your battery to power?

Wizard

I haven't seen that tray. That is perfect spot for mounting the battery. I was looking at mounting options too...what do you use your battery to power?

It runs my fridge, camping lights and inverter (when required). It's a very solid mount, and uses a space which is normally wasted.

It runs my fridge, camping lights and inverter (when required). It's a very solid mount, and uses a space which is normally wasted.

And what do you use to run power to your fridge from the pos and neg from battery? I like this idea...completely out of the way, as the fridge is going to take up nearly a 1/3 of the trunk as it is.

Wizard

And what do you use to run power to your fridge from the pos and neg from battery? I like this idea...completely out of the way, as the fridge is going to take up nearly a 1/3 of the trunk as it is.

I set up a bit of a power board on the opposite of the cargo area, and this is where I mounted a Ctek S250 DCDC charger/solar regulator which charges the auxiliary battery. I also mounted the 240 volt inverter there, a fuse box and some extra outlet plugs. The fridge is normally plugged into one of these extra outlet plugs. The power lead between the power board and auxiliary battery is just run over the top of the roll bar. Hope all that makes sense, as I'm not very good at describing this sort of thing.

13244788_652589914898983_8859873994342926208_n.jpg

13321835_655676631256978_6147895533121150459_n.jpg

That is an awesome set man. Not gonna lie to you, a bit out of my league. But awesome nonetheless. I'm gonna look into that battery storage compartment a little more and maybe pick up some 12v ring adapters to get power to the fridge. Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom