Would you use this?

JKbrick

Saturday on the way to breakfast I got my first case of death wobble. Just last week I put new front and rear driveshafts in, new rear upper and lower Currie control arms (already have front lowers and caster is set) and set the rear pinion angle. While under there I torqued everything to spec and even went through the whole front end. The only thing different on the front is I rotated all 5 tires. Upon inspection I can tell the frame side bolt had moved during inspection
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467651965.882062.jpg
But the bolt was at 125 ft pds. I have a 9/16" bolt that fits in the holes of the frame bracket and the track bar with less play than the 14mm does, but I thought if it was tight that shouldn't matter
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467652151.399654.jpg
So would anybody use this
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467652185.768185.jpg
Or just use the 9/16" bolt or the factory bolt and keep looking for the cause? Thanks

A.J.

I would not use a drop bracket. If I have your story straight you were using the gold color aftermarket bolt. It looks like the shoulder where the threads stop caught on the inside of the bracket which is why you thought it was torqued. The hole in the bracket looks slightly wallered out but it is too blurry to tell for sure. I would try the factory bolt and make sure you check it regularly.

A.J.

My bad you were using the factory bolt and are asking about using the 9/16 bolt since it is more snug. You could try it but still recheck it several times.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That a synergy brace? That might not let you get proper torque and caused the hole to get bigger. But factory bolts are all that's needed

JKbrick

Sorry the first pic is blurry, yes that is a brace not a drop bracket. I'll put it back together and torque it again, then get my tires balanced

JKbrick

That a synergy brace? That might not let you get proper torque and caused the hole to get bigger. But factory bolts are all that's needed

The brace was used, hasn't been on my jeep, the gold bolt just fits better in the factory hole. But with it torqued the factory bolt moved during death wobble.

Top Bottom