Rookie warranty question....

jbird720

So my 2013 JK has the certified warranty plus the factory warranty. And has only 10k miles on it, which gives me a decent amount of time left warranty wise. I was reading through the warranty from Jeep and it seems like if I add a lift or any additional stuff it shouldn't void it. Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this??

trailraider

it also depends on what is causing issue. warranty cover manufacture issues, not issues caused by influence.

FLKEYSJK

From what I understand they can't void you're entire warranty because of an aftermarket part and they have to prove that the part you installed is the cause of the failure to refuse service. Some dealerships are more mod friendly than others.

Last edited:

Kwwilly15

I recently put a Evo enforcer 4" changed my driveshafts and painted my coils orange . My jeep looks nothing like what it did when I bought it 8 months ago . I just had a idle Pully go . I have the maximum care warranty and it was covered nothing was said about the mods I have done. But that's this dealership .

Jk_nate

If your motor blows up it would be covered. If you have 37" tires and a ball joint goes out prob not covered. Have to use common sense on what you bring the jeep into the dealership and what you fix yourself. It's worth it to me to take the risk on some parts failing and not being covered then driving a stock jeep for 5 years+.

RjSkippy

From what I understand they can't void you're entire warranty because of an aftermarket part and they have to prove that the part you installed is the cause of the failure to refuse service. Some dealerships are more mod friendly than others.

Agree...Pretty much my understanding also.

FLKEYSJK

I recently put a Evo enforcer 4" changed my driveshafts and painted my coils orange . My jeep looks nothing like what it did when I bought it 8 months ago . I just had a idle Pully go . I have the maximum care warranty and it was covered nothing was said about the mods I have done. But that's this dealership .

Did you go to Duncan?

Kwwilly15

No, I took it to Galena where I bought it in Fort Myers for sure Duncan would have been jerks about it.

FLKEYSJK

No, I took it to Galena where I bought it in Fort Myers for sure Duncan would have been jerks about it.

Damn I kinda figured you didn't go there because they are generally a pain in the ass. Hope I don't have anything go bad on my jeep I guess lol.

Top Bottom