Traction control and ABS kicking in after EVO Coiler install.

PabloK

Traction control and ABS kicking in after EVO Coilover install.

Just got my bolt on coiler kit installed and my ABS and Traction control keep coming on. Particularly if I turn left.

Steering wheel still needs to be re-aligned... could this be part of the issue?

Regards,
Peter

Last edited:

modman86

Three most common issue, steering wheel alignment but any person who has installed suspension on a Jeep should've already noticed and done this. Second is a bad hub sensor, third is a bad hub. I had a bad hub and it looked damn near new, it had less than 1mm of play and that's all it took to throw it off. Large tires, medium to hard wheelin is all it takes. This went out on me just over a year of wheelin 11K miles on the clock. Use your scanner to locate. Shake the wheel on the side throwing the code. Easy to change out 30min. job.

Tree Frog

Recenter your steering wheel. It is real easy to do. See the write up on here.

You will love the coil overs but remember they need maintenance once in awhile. Might want to get your own nitrogen bottle and a fill kit. I check mine every few months.

Nick Zambo

My traction control just came on after a right turn this morning on dry pavement. All I did was a tire rotation Sunday! Going to check the air pressure. Thinking it maybe tire Stagger even though the low tire pressure light is not on. To add I always rotate in the spare. It's kind got me puzzled?

PabloK

Recenter your steering wheel. It is real easy to do. See the write up on here.

You will love the coil overs but remember they need maintenance once in awhile. Might want to get your own nitrogen bottle and a fill kit. I check mine every few months.

Thanks for the help! I re-centered and I'm back in action!

I want to send you guys some pics to make sure everything looks OK. I kind of have a frankenstin suspension with a mix of Teraflex and now Evo.... just want to make sure it looks correct.

Regards,
Pete

Top Bottom