Bent drag link

Miles4k

Hey guys, I bent my drag link a couple days ago and now my ESP/BAS and traction control lights have come on and even when I push my traction control button it doesn't do anything... I know the bent drag link has caused the lights to come on, but is there really anything that is messed up?

Thanks for your time guys

Grubbicon

If the draglink is actually bent im sure the steering wheel is off center and that would be the problem.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
If the draglink is actually bent im sure the steering wheel is off center and that would be the problem.

Exactly, if you bend it, it's effectively shorter, so to keep your steering geometry correct it needs to be lengthened by being replaced. Adjusting your steering wheel will probably help temporarily, but it's a good idea to replace it for the long run....consider it a consumable part, sometimes it breaks or bends.

CJW

Exactly, if you bend it, it's effectively shorter, so to keep your steering geometry correct it needs to be lengthened by being replaced. Adjusting your steering wheel will probably help temporarily, but it's a good idea to replace it for the long run....consider it a consumable part, sometimes it breaks or bends.

^^^This.
And once it starts to bend, it bends even easier the next time. Replace it if you can.

Top Bottom