Mopar extended warranty

Kalums

If you plan to keep it stock then in my experience it is totally worth the $$, but if you plan to do mods not worth the paper it is printed on. When I had a stock w door it payed for itself but I haven't had one since because I knew I wanted to mod my "new" JKU

FLKEYSJK

Exactly what Kalums said, if you're modded then you will probably have dealer issues. Depends on dealers, I don't think that a BB or leveling kit with 33s would get any dealer worked up though if you want to keep the mods on the smaller side and still have the warranty.

Krystianjk

Damn ok lemme rephrase that I currently have a '14 JKU on 2.5 lift with 37s but I still have my stock wheels, so i was thinking put on my stock wheels every time I would bring it to the dealer? [emoji52]

BenJKWrangler15

Damn ok lemme rephrase that I currently have a '14 JKU on 2.5 lift with 37s but I still have my stock wheels, so i was thinking put on my stock wheels every time I would bring it to the dealer? [emoji52]

It'd work but would be a PITA to do so everytime... Although this is your choice, your rig and your money.

FLKEYSJK

That could work, I had the same thing in mind because I have a difficult dealer near me. It is extra work but you could have the best of both worlds then.

That's basically what I had to do with my diesel pickup. I would have to go back to stock tune and put my dpf back on every trip to dealer. Warranty was awesome though.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I personally think that extended warranties are a waste of money and will never purchase one, but if it makes you sleep better at night and you can afford it, then fine. I think you open that that ethical can of worms with the rest of your comment.

WJCO

Meme King
I always tell customers/friends/family about extended warranties: 1) There is no such thing as a bumper to bumper, no matter who tries to sell it to you that way. 2) Make sure you read the contract and understand what you are being sold and what's covered or not covered. 3)If you are going to buy one, TRY and stick to the manufacturer extended warranties, not some aftermarket one you got a phone call on or a letter in the mail. That doesn't mean there aren't decent aftermarket ones out there, but again, make sure YOU read the contract and understand what you are buying.

I dealt with an aftermarket Mercedes policy the other day and the adjuster told me that they had spent almost 30k in claims on the contract and the customer only paid 6500 for the policy. In my eyes, that's a damn good deal for the customer, just saying. BUT I've dealt with many that don't cover hardly anything....again, it's the customer's responsibility to read the contract. If you want to sign away without reading it like a Congressman, then you'll probably get what's coming to you.

Lexiewalker

I got the extended warranty as a gift from my dad when I purchased my vehicle. While I appreciate it and has saved me some money when my a/c went down and when my electrical windows were going crazy other than that, since I've bought it I've modified basically everything else it could really be applied to. I agree with Kalums. If you want to keep it stock or mostly stock I can see how it would be nice in the long run. But every time you mod something it is out the window and quickly becomes a waste of money.

croge17

I am a sales manager at a dealership. My advice to customers is that the big items rarely have issues that require a large enough investment to make a warranty make sense. However if you have a car with a plethora of electronic widgets those going haywire can cost a fortune to fix. If you have a fairly basic vehicle like most jks then a warranty probably wont pay for itself unless you have a very mod friendly dealer.

JKbrick

When I got my new Ram in April the warranty was brought up. I said no it sounded like a lot of money and he signed a paper that gives me back the full amount at 100,000 miles if I have not used it. So any repairs under 2k I'll pay for to get my money back

Top Bottom