Bent rear shaft. Too many questions. Help

RUBEERCON

Searched but I'm still seeking advice.

2015 rubicon
4" rancho sport
35x12.50 15psi
Stock wheels with spacers.
12,000 miles
This is my 3rd car so it sees equal street/off road time.
I don't wheel to the extreme but I'm usually the first up in my group if that makes sense.

I think I bent my drivers side rear flange while hanging the sliders on a ledge with front tires pinned, had to hop up on it with more skinny pedal than I normally use.

Found the issue after hearing a bird chirp when applying the breaks. Ran the jeep in neutral, rotors off and it's clearly bent. May have other issues but I just started looking. Driveshaft boot on rear is torn but I'll research that later.

Questions...
Are wheel spacers a common threat regarding bent flanges? May have to look into the Quadratec corrected rubicon wheels because I would like to keep the same look.

Does anyone sell assembled units including installed wheel studs? I guess they leave them out to eliminate them from chewing threw the shipping box.
Shopping Ten Factory and a few other recommended brands with warranties.
32 spline correct?

What are average costs to regear? If I do regear later will the aftermarket shafts still work. I have 4.10s but I would like to get my power back.

Last thing skip the inner sleeves...?
Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your time,
Steve

RUBEERCON

Lol. Guess my math is off now that I hear how it's sounds. Like most we travel to get to the parks and I was adding that to the miles!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Searched but I'm still seeking advice.

2015 rubicon
4" rancho sport
35x12.50 15psi
Stock wheels with spacers.
12,000 miles
This is my 3rd car so it sees equal street/off road time.
I don't wheel to the extreme but I'm usually the first up in my group if that makes sense.

I think I bent my drivers side rear flange while hanging the sliders on a ledge with front tires pinned, had to hop up on it with more skinny pedal than I normally use.

Found the issue after hearing a bird chirp when applying the breaks. Ran the jeep in neutral, rotors off and it's clearly bent. May have other issues but I just started looking. Driveshaft boot on rear is torn but I'll research that later.

Questions...
Are wheel spacers a common threat regarding bent flanges? May have to look into the Quadratec corrected rubicon wheels because I would like to keep the same look.

Does anyone sell assembled units including installed wheel studs? I guess they leave them out to eliminate them from chewing threw the shipping box.
Shopping Ten Factory and a few other recommended brands with warranties.
32 spline correct?

What are average costs to regear? If I do regear later will the aftermarket shafts still work. I have 4.10s but I would like to get my power back.

Last thing skip the inner sleeves...?
Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your time,
Steve

Anytime you move the weight of tire and wheel out farther it's going to be more leverage which will increase the odds. I thought the assembled rear shafts came with wheel studs installed but could be wrong. A call to your distributor could clear that up quick. Cost to regear could be anywhere from 1-2k and you'll be able to retain your shafts regardless. 32 spline is correct.

Jk_nate

Bent my rear passenger flange on my rubicon the first trip with new 35x12.50 tires on it. Sucks but it didn't take much to convince to the wife that I need to upgrade the shafts. Kept both, even the bent one as a back up though.

JAGS

Hooked
Go with the revolution. Made in USA and warranty the flange. Most others made in USA don't warranty the flange.

That is really the only dif between 10 factory, G2 gold and rev.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Go with the revolution. Made in USA and warranty the flange. Most others made in USA don't warranty the flange.

That is really the only dif between 10 factory, G2 gold and rev.

This^^^ go with revolution axle shafts. Lifetime warranty on the shafts and made in the USA.

JeepJeep75

I have spacers on my jeep with stock wheels and tires. Clipped a freaking curb taking a right turn and bent a factory flange. I'm not sure if spacers would or wouldn't have been a contributor to my bent flange. I'm very happy with my Revolution's so far. They might have the best warranty available.

Top Bottom