What driveshafts modifying is required with the Atlas 2 T-Case installation?

Hi there!

I'm in Japan and enjoy rock crawling.
I'd like to install the Atlas 2 T-Case to my 3.6 JK Unlimited Sport.

I found driveshafts modifying is required to install the Atlas 2.
Do you know what modifying is required?

It because... I have rear stock driveshaft and not front driveshaft that was broken recently.
I should buy front and rear driveshafts to install the Atlas 2.
So I'd like to order new 1350 driveshafts from some manufactures but they says correct measurement is required after the Atlas 2 installation...

I think, I'd like to buy new driveshafts before installation as possible because of it takes long time with shipping to Japan...

Do you know any information?

Thank you,
Nori.

IMG_0586.jpg

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Hi there!

I'm in Japan.
I'd like to install the Atlas 2 T-Case to my 3.6 JK Unlimited Sport.

I found driveshafts modifying is required to install the Atlas 2.
Do you know what modifying is required?

It because... I have rear stock driveshaft and not front driveshaft that was broken recently.
I should buy front and rear driveshafts to install the Atlas 2.
So I'd like to order new 1350 driveshafts from some manufactures but they says correct measurement is required after the Atlas 2 installation...

I think, I'd like to buy new driveshafts before installation as possible because of it takes long time with shipping to Japan...

Do you know some information?

Thank you,
Nori.

Unfortunately, I do not know of any other way to get an accurate measurement for drive shafts other than installing the Atlas first and then measuring. I know there are a few on here who have recently installed the Atlas, hopefully they will chime in.

Oh... I do aplogize that I mistook posting this thread on wrong parent category...

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Surely there is a machine shop in Japan that manufactures driveshafts. I would ask around and look for places that work on large trucks in Japan, and likely you could find someone local. While there are a lot of manufactures of driveshaft that sell online, there are tons of local places that make them in the USA.

You need to measure after it's installed since the output flange is likely going to be moved compared to the stock t-case, so you want a good measurement.

Kalums

あなたが最初のトランスファーケースをインストールする必要があります。各アトラスケースは、あなたの仕様に組み込まれていますので、各ケースが異なって測定します。あなたの新しいケースをインストールすると、本当に正確な測定を取得する唯一の方法です。それ以外の場合は、ちょうど私たちのいずれかからの推測であろう。

Kalums

Ha this might help also, here is the general English translation :You will need to install the transfer case first. Each Atlas case is built to your specifications, so each case will measure differently. Installing your new case is really the only way to get an accurate measurement. Otherwise it would just be a guess from any of us.

Thanks for your comments.
I understand I really need correct measurement of Yokes to Flanges.
I will do measure after installing the Atlas 2.

Thanks!

Top Bottom