Tire pressure on Rubicon rims?

WJCO

Meme King
What would be a good air down pressure for stock Rubicon rims for off road? Running 33" Federal Couragia M/T's?

Rims or tires? Lots of guys run different pressures. If you are on easy trails with not a lot of obstacles, 20 psi is fine.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I normally run 20psi if I'm running local trails without to many rocks but if I'm doing more serious trails I'll drop them to 10psi.

ob_tj

I have 33x12.50r15 bfg ats, when I'm out on the trail I'll run them 8 psi with no problems yet.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
10 with no bead locks? How low is OK....without beadlocks?

If you pop the bead, you were too low.

Now that my smartass answer is out of the way, your question has no definite answer per say. However, a lot of people (myself included) have dropped to about 10 PSI and been fine. The different terrain can affect what pressure you need. If you get on some side hills a lot then you may need a higher pressure as the weight of the jeep will want to make the tire roll more and possibly pop it off the bead. Etc.

Grubbicon

10 with no bead locks? How low is OK....without beadlocks?

Like previous said so many factors. The weight of the rig and everything also play a roll. My dad has a buddy with a toyota with steel wheels and goes so low that i have actually seen the tire wrap over the wheel and not pop a bead. Just depends on all kinds of things.

Desertman

I go down to 10psi when desert driving. It fun at 100+ on the salt flats with tires at that pressure. Our salt flats are not that flat after a seasons driving. Wait for the winter rain and some sand storms to level it out again.

professorkx

I went to 5 psi on my 35x12.50 KM2 tires on a snow run last winter on stock Rubi wheels. Tires looked flat when the weight shifted to one side. I wouldn't go this low is the rocks, and usually run 18 psi in the rocks. I would run lower in the rocks if the sidewall was stiffer, but loose too much clearance at 10 psi on a KM2...

Top Bottom