Evo bolt on coils- front bump stops seem to be very close to bottom mount..

PabloK

Doesn't this look very close?

IMG_6113.JPG IMG_6114.JPG

Any for the love of god why do my pictures keep going sideways?:doh:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Thats what they were "intended" to do. Its supposed to be an extra cushion before actually bottoming out. If you compress the teraflex bumpstop, (and assuming those are 3" bumpstops) you still easily have another 3" or maybe even 4" of up travel before you fully bottom out.

mds22

Thats what they were "intended" to do. Its supposed to be an extra cushion before actually bottoming out. If you compress the teraflex bumpstop, (and assuming those are 3" bumpstops) you still easily have another 3" or maybe even 4" of up travel before you fully bottom out.

I'm saying bottomed out they are 3" of bumpstops.
If you look at this pic, the things on the left are to adjust the size bumpstops you want them to bottom out at. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467939264.891681.jpg

Journeyman

Not to sound harsh, but you put King coilovers on your jeep and paired them with terraflex bump stops. Last I read these are the worst bump stops out there! Just a foam insert inside them. But maybe I'm wrong and they've changed in quality. Why not king bumps?

PabloK

Not to sound harsh, but you put King coilovers on your jeep and paired them with terraflex bump stops. Last I read these are the worst bump stops out there! Just a foam insert inside them. But maybe I'm wrong and they've changed in quality. Why not king bumps?

Because Andrew at EVO told me there was no need for King bump stops on my application and the way I drive my Jeep. Why would I spend all this money on the coilovers to "cheap-out" on bumpstops?

I didn't buy King because Evo told me not to.

Journeyman

Because Andrew at EVO told me there was no need for King bump stops on my application and the way I drive my Jeep. Why would I spend all this money on the coilovers to "cheap-out" on bumpstops?

I didn't buy King because Evo told me not to.

That's awesome. 350$ foam filled cans!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe a little too close. But being that they're hydraulic, I think you should be okay. But I'll let others chime in. If they were straight up rubber stoppers, then it would be more of an issue and hinder your up travel.

Sorry, these are NOT hydraulic. As mentioned, they are literally foam in a can - that's it.

That a lot of people run and work very well for what they are. No seals or pistons to let air leak out either.

LOL!! I just love how people are so determined to convince themselves that whatever they buy for their Jeep works "very well". Me, I installed and ran them on my old 09 JKU and thought they were absolutely worthless. A far cry from being a true air bump but hey, that's just me. Not like I ever use my Jeep in a way that would put them to the test. Oh, and my King air bumps - they've NEVER leaked since installing them years ago and yes, I do check them on a regular basis.

Sorry, these are NOT hydraulic. As mentioned, they are literally foam in a can - that's it.

Oh wow, I didn't know this...but I guess I should have just assumed they weren't. My bad! Teraflex did a great job of really disguising them as hydraulic, I must say :cheesy:

When I go evo coilovers in a couple months, I will certainly be getting the king hydraulic bumpstops for sure...already made my mind up a while ago :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't this look very close?

You need to account for the TOTAL amount of up travel you have between your Speed Bumps AS WELL AS the Speed Bumps themselves. From what I can see on my computer screen, what you have is about right. Driving around town, you'll hear them tapping on your axle and you'll even feel it but, it is what it is. Me personally, I found it to be annoying as hell and felt that it made my ride suck.

Hammmerhead

LOL!! I just love how people are so determined to convince themselves that whatever they buy for their Jeep works "very well". Me, I installed and ran them on my old 09 JKU and thought they were absolutely worthless. A far cry from being a true air bump but hey, that's just me. Not like I ever use my Jeep in a way that would put them to the test. Oh, and my King air bumps - they've NEVER leaked since installing them years ago and yes, I do check them on a regular basis.

A lot of folks do use them. No one said they were better than true air bumps. Sometimes you need to take that cheerleading skirt off even though you have so many top manu's feathering your ass.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of folks do use them. No one said they were better than true air bumps.

In my humble opinion, they aren't even better than factory jounce stops - they were WORSE and if I had the means to go back to stock, I would have. Of course, I'm not "a lot of folks" and you can take what I have to say for whatever it's worth.

Sometimes you need to take that cheerleading skirt off even though you have so many top manu's feathering your ass.

Sometimes, you need to take that cheerleading skirt off even though you just spent your hard earned money on something that really isn't worth a whole lot more than foam in a can. ;)

Journeyman

The bump stops were already installed on the jeep when i purchased it. Move along. :yawn37:

I guess I misunderstood your previous post about someone from Evo recommending these to you!!!!
I'm sorry I have been absolutely no help to you in this tread, but I was kind of in shock that these would be purchased and paired with kings [emoji15]
Call me macaroni 🤔

Top Bottom