Started the install of the front EVO DTD

ralfman5

Hey,today i started my journey installing the front evo dtd on my own with just a sawzall and a angle grinder.. Any advice welcomed.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467916087.815806.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Keep cutting......... Lol

Sorry no real advice outside of that since I have never seen one installed in person nor installed one myself.

JAGS

Hooked
Maybe ask for help BEFORE you started cutting. Too late now. Lol.

It's not the easiest of DIY installs from what I've seen here and read. Search the forum build/install section as there was one guy that did most the work himself. Think he still needed to take it to a shop before all was said and done.

ralfman5

i finished cutting on the frame.. Soon starting the axle to remove the spring mount and shock bracket on my pr44. Then After i will mig weld everything in place with my everlast power mig 200.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
I have not installed DTD but I did install my long arm myself in my garage. Cutting off all the brackets sucks. I'm guessing I had 12+ hours under the Jeep with a cut-off wheel and a grinder. I had two 4" angle grinders with one of each attached so I did not have to stop and switch the wheels. From that experience I can tell you just be patient and take your time. Also I did not have one at the time but a 40 grit 4" flap wheel probably would have made the removal of the last little bit of weld a lot faster than a grinding wheel. If you have access to a plasma cutter and someone who knows how to use it that would make things a lot quicker too. I had access to one but did not trust myself cutting under there with that...haha.

ralfman5

Hey, i just finished cutting on the axle, my passenger side seems to not have enough space to place the axle mounts and on the frame side the plastic tray on top is in the way of both frame bracket. Any suggestions?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Hey, i just finished cutting on the axle, my passenger side seems to not have enough space to place the axle mounts and on the frame side the plastic tray on top is in the way of both frame bracket. Any suggestions?

You need to do a lot of trimming on those plastic trays. Be careful on pass side. Two of my buddies went whole way through and not knowing cut into their batteries when installing the bolt on brackets. I don't think you need to go as deep with the dtd ones but I've never installed one so not sure.

ralfman5

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468073911.836884.jpg

Should i cut off the side of the trackbar bracket where sway bar goes?... Doesnt seem to have room for dtd axle bracket. Thanks

GR8WHITE

I've never installed dtd but have a lot of fabrication experience... Your just gonna have to trim, modify, and make all the shit work. Theres no way all the brackets are just gonna fall on with no messaging with a flap disc.

ralfman5

for anyone that installed the DTD on their own...did you have to release the nitrogen to compress from the coilover and bypass shock to test fit the axle bracket?? and if not process was used? thanks

jeeper52

LOSER
for anyone that installed the DTD on their own...did you have to release the nitrogen to compress from the coilover and bypass shock to test fit the axle bracket?? and if not process was used? thanks

Yes you do. I sent you my cell. Call me when you get a chance and I'll go over everything with you. Easier that way than email.

ralfman5

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470869532.891112.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470869545.089409.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470869556.159122.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470869568.580644.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470869578.342403.jpg It took me over a month to complete on my own and working on it 2 to 3 hours on the weekends. Its finally over and it feels great. Thanks to everyone who guided me on this forum....it cab be done solo!

Top Bottom