Odyssey Battery.... Which one?

My Battery is dead and I am pretty sure it has come to the end of its life and needs to be replaced. I have looked at numerous batteries and I believe the best one available in terms of the best bang for the buck is the Odyssey.... Im sure many will argue that Northstar or other brands are better but for me personally. Im going to go with the Odyssey.

I found a Write up written by Eddie covering the install the Odyssey PC-1220 which I have found for 275.99.

I have also found the Odyssey 34-PC1500T which sells for 238.99.

My question is: Which one is better for a Jeep application. I have lights and intend to install a winch in the future. I know the specs on the 34-PC1500T seem to be better than the PC-1220 in terms of over all performance and I have seen other posts in this forum that say people are using the 34-PC1500T. Is there any modifications needed to use either, other than what was covered in Eddies write up?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...r-2012-Up-Jeep-JK-Wranglers&highlight=battery

Bunz-o-fun

No mods needed.
If you get the 34, make sure you get the 34R PC1500. You'll want the R if you have a 2012 or newer JK. Good luck!

Journeyman

No mods needed.
If you get the 34, make sure you get the 34R PC1500. You'll want the R if you have a 2012 or newer JK. Good luck!

This ^^^^^
perfect fit in my 13 jku. No mods needed.
The only thing that threw me off was that my 47 qt arb sensed the battery was low and wouldn't run with the jeep off the day I installed, but the jeep started rt up.
A week later the fridge has been running fine and staying cold with the jeep off for 8 hrs. Almost like the battery I got needed some run time to get up to full capacity.

This ^^^^^
perfect fit in my 13 jku. No mods needed.
The only thing that threw me off was that my 47 qt arb sensed the battery was low and wouldn't run with the jeep off the day I installed, but the jeep started rt up.
A week later the fridge has been running fine and staying cold with the jeep off for 8 hrs. Almost like the battery I got needed some run time to get up to full capacity.

Thats something else I want to get. The ARB fridges are cool indeed. They won't kill the battery but keep everything cold or Frozen?

Journeyman

Thats something else I want to get. The ARB fridges are cool indeed. They won't kill the battery but keep everything cold or Frozen?

They have a sensor that monitors your vehicles battery life. To low and the fridge compressor won't run.
They are amazing coolers. Tough to bite the bullet and buy one cause of the cost, but once you do you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!

Top Bottom