EVO lower control arm question

JeepJeep75

Hello everyone. I installed an Enforcer lift last week and I have a small issue. I can't seem to keep the EVO lower control arm adjuster nut (the big silver one with the Johnny Joint in it) from moving around. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467998212.358902.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467998233.661434.jpg the sharpie mark should be facing straight up, inline with the split in the top of the LCA. I've tightened down the little thread-locking bolt pretty good. I'm afraid to go much tighter. I don't wanna break the little tabs off of the LCA that the lock-bolt is in. I know I have to crank them a little tighter. Anyone else have trouble cinching these lock bolts down and breaking something?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
tighten the bolt in the pic going across the tube :yup:

I'm currently having the OPPOSITE problem, getting mine to move after all the Iron Ore mud from Barnwell Mountain...

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I suggest putting a little anti-seize on the threads before tightening completely. They may be loose now but they won't be in the future. My control arms were completely seized up after a few years. I still can't get my rear lowers unseized.

JeepJeep75

I suggest putting a little anti-seize on the threads before tightening completely. They may be loose now but they won't be in the future. My control arms were completely seized up after a few years. I still can't get my rear lowers unseized.

I did that on installation. Took the Johnny joint completely out, and the adjuster socket out of the control arm and throughly coated all the threads. I'm a firm believer in anti-seize. That crap makes a mess though!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I did that on installation. Took the Johnny joint completely out, and the adjuster socket out of the control arm and throughly coated all the threads. I'm a firm believer in anti-seize. That crap makes a mess though!

Well you're smarter than I am lol. Of course, I never had adjustable control arms before now so I didn't even think about it when they first went on.

JeepJeep75

I think I saw mention of it here in the forum. Also it says to do so in the instructions. I know, I know, I read them... So ashamed...[emoji6]

Top Bottom